Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

you guys rule!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clintsk5, Mar 8, 2000.

1. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all who put there cents in to my inquire!!!! Never thought I would get that much input!! Can anyone help???...OK...the gas gauge?....does it suppose to get 90 ohms full or empty?..The reason I ask...is that i heard it was 90 full...but when I put the wire ( straight off the sending unit ) to ground it reads " empty "...any other time it reads " full ".. Thanx again...

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

wow I could use information on this to. My gas gauge one day decided to peg ast the full mark and thats it. It will drop to E when im aaaccckkkk cough wheeeeeeeze on the side of the road and walking for gas.

3. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

this one will not move up or down...ig I pull the dash on push it down it will go right back up...but wiil not drop even when I turn off the ignition!!!

4. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I hope this helps . With GM gauges they use some kind of resister for their gauges . Putting it directly to ground sometimes this isn't a true test . I think if you use a volt gauge on the hot wire you should see a fluctution in volts .Also a good ground is important for these to work . If there is no good ground tank will read full and stay there.

5. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    If I recall correctly, when the ground is disconnected, the tank will read full. No power just the opposite.

COrey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

6. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I know that for the '69 - '72 Blazers, 10 ohms is empty, 90 ohms is full. Therefore, an open circuit on the sender wire, or a bad ground to the guage or sending unit will make the gauge go past full. A sender wire shorted to ground will make the gauge read empty. A bad sender could fail either way. I think the circuit is the same on the later model trucks / Blazers.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

7. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Thanx...I'll keep trying!

8. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

I just replaced all gages with auto meter phatoms soon as I can I'll send out a couple of pics. Have not had any problems other than a loose speedo cable. My bag...Gary