Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You guys were right - gears are EASY to setup in a 14b

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Installed the 5.13s in my 14 bolt today. WAY easier than the D60 was, every axle should have a removable pinion housing and screw adjusters for the carrier bearings! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It took about 6 hours and 8 setups to get to the perfect setup, the pattern looks absolutely perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The 60 took more like 15 hours total and probably went through 15 or 20 different setups before we got a pattern that was good enough to run with.

Anyways, not much point ot this post other than to say if you ever wanted to try to set your own gears, make a 14 bolt the first axle you try it on. </font color>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Way to ge Evan!! I've heard the 9" Ford is almost as easy as the C14...

Rene

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on dude! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I love your new avitar pic! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Has Greg seen that yet? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I don't know if Greg's seen it or not, if he has he hasn't said anything. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So yeah, both axles are home now, the 60 is all ready to install aside from putting new brake calipers on it, but the 14 bolt still needs some work. I need to get the brakes on it (should have some Derbinator brackets by Tuesday), then put it in the truck to check pinion angle and bring it to Greg to have the perches welded on. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do about shocks, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif</font color>

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sweet bro! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Sounds like your having way too much fun doing this though! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Glad the 14 bolt was easier for ya than the Dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif