Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You have to be [censored]me

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Feb 3, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Another deal on a burb falls though. This time is was a possibe trade and cash exchange on a 88 3/4 burb, silverado package. No dice.

So be on the look out for a 87 to 91 Burb 3/4 ton. SIlverado package. must be in decent to great shape, no projects wanted. I'm good up to $5500.

Heres the score:

Burbs= 6
    Jeremy= 0

-Jeremy
    "Burban= whens it my turn???"

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Man that just bites the big one....I'm still pulling for you...the right one is out there somewhere man and it'll show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

My Brother-in-law tows cars for a living... pretty good living come to think of it... Anyway, he comes across pretty much everything we look for regularly. has a K5 or a Burb in just about every auction (every other Thursday). I have been invited to the auctions but have never gone. Missed a 70 K5 that sold for $200.00 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Anyway, I will be hitting him up tomorrow to get me into the auctions from now on so I will keep an eye out for you...

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

How bout 69-72 burbs? Keep me in mind too K.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am sorry to hear that Jeremy. You seemed really excited about this one. But like I have always said it just means the perfect one is still out there waiting to be found.

I will do some thinking and will keep my eyes and ears open. [​IMG] Its a good excuse for you to come up for another visit too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Cornfed is selling his 72 - not the wheeling beast but the nice one..........if you're not stuck on a 2nd gen, check it out. Very nice.........

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

LMAO, ill sell ya my old 79' burb, its uglt too [​IMG]

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Be patient or you will spend more than you want to. Watch for auction listings in your local papers too. That is how I scored my 89 F350 crewcab, diesel, auto/od, dually for $3800.

[​IMG]

I looked for 4-5 months comparing prices online and at dealers for a crewcab. Found an auction with 2 crewcabs listed, 1994 GMC 6.5 turbo diesel 4x4 and that 1989 Ford F350 7.3L 2wd dually. The GMC ended up not making it to the auction but I did end up with a nice truck for cheap.

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm stuck on a second gen, I'm needing Fuel Injection cause I don't plan to buy another rig for a long time.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Well just for an update and to get my hopes up...

I posted a note on my fridge for shits and giggles stating:
    Wanted 87 to 91 Burb 3/4 ton Silverado"

Came home from work and my mom said her friend she went to school with that she works with and we go to church with is selling thiers, Low miles too they only used it to tow thier boat.

YEEHAW!!!!!!

If anyone knows my plans you can understand why I'm sooo happy.

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You know what my old boss used to say - WRITE down your goals and they become reality...................looks like you're a disciple of his! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Well that is very true. I write EVERYTHING down. I'v got a dry eraser board that I use. But I want to add a cork board to it so I can just pin up all my little notes I write down.

"If you ain't got a pattern, purpose or a plan.... you're just treading water."