Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You HAVE to hear what this lady said to me!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Beast, Jan 21, 2003.

1. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

OK, before I start...I admit to finding the dumbest human being on the face of the planet.

Today I drove my 79 K10 with 8" of lift, cut fenders, D60/FF14, winch, etc to the gym. I admit I tend to let mother nature wash the Beast as I can drive my small truck if I need to stay clean. I walked out of the gym and hefted myself into the truck. (effort required because my triceps were on fire) I cranked it up, rolled down my window, and backed out of my parking space(thanks to ORD for the X-over steering). This lady stopped getting into her brand new Tahoe, and walked towards me. I turned down my radio and kicked the gas to let the engine idle down. As near as I can remember our conversation went as follows:
    Her: I just love your truck. Where did you get that lovely paint job?
    Me: Do what?
    Her: I think I saw something just like it in an Eddie Bauer interior design catalogue. Where did you take it to be painted...they did such a great job with the texture!
    Me: It's dirt, Ma'am. (at this point I pick off a small chunk and hold it in my hand for her to see)
    Her: You mean they used real dirt? It looks so textured.
    Me: Ma'am, my truck is Rust Oleum Royal Blue. It's just dirty. (I rub a small area with my hand, knocking dried mud off the door and exposing blue paint.)
    Her: OH!, well my goodnes....I bet you had fun then.

And then she got into her Tahoe and drove away. You better believe that despite my 7000 pound vehicle weight and bumper shoulder high on her (while she's sitting in her vehicle) that I sat right there in that parking lot and gave her a 5 minute head start before heading down the road myself. I was relieved to make it all the way to the house without any more random acts of stupidity. By the way, she had on a name tag and it had the name of the real estate firm she worked for on it. I don't believe I'll be buying any houses from them.

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Thats hilarious /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

At least she didn't ask why you drove it and begin to tell you how dangerous it was.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

She wants you man... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Rene

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    By the way, she had on a name tag and it had the name of the real estate firm she worked for on it. I don't believe I'll be buying any houses from them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i would if she is that dumb i bet you could talk the price of a house down very easily lol /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a stupid chick, or a sarcastic WITCH that should begin with a B.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Not all clean freaks are women.I saw nice F250 on 44s in Wallyworld lot with owerner under it.Stopped to offer help till I saw he was waxing the frame.Said it hadn't been offroad since he had it.Really blew my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I was refering to tree-hugging hippies, not clean freaks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

see this page /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Was she cute? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

So... forget all the fluff.
    Did she have big 'uns..?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Marv

12. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Gotta agree with Rene on this one......

The whole conversation was an excuse.....I think there was love in the air!

She prolly saw those big "guns" you had, and wanted to find a way to make "small talk".......if you're single, you blew it.

13. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I can't go out tonight. I'm uh, waxing my frame.

14. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

you should see how i painted my bedroom /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think she was making small talk.....to see if you needed a HOUSE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

one question we all want to know

would you hit it??

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Yall crack me up. I hope I can hit all the questions at once. No, she did not have "big'uns". She was at least 10 years older than me...no big deal if she has something going for her, like brains or beauty etc. Yes, I'm certain she was sincere...it's scary I know. I don't have big guns, but I'm working on it. Besides, since when do chicks talk to guys wearing overalls? Just kidding about the overalls, chicks dig 'em. I'm glad everyone got a kick out of my experience. Off topic or not, I HAD to share.

18. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

so really, who painted your truck? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

You mean I cant paint my Jimmy that color? Damn, I was really looking forward to that. Some peoples kids /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

No kiddin, huh? I liked the original "hawaiin blue", but my truck was three different shades of the same color PLUS new parts like hoods and doors all needed to match the truck. I settled on Rust Oleum (only the best for my low budget spray bomb jobs) Royal Blue. It's pretty close to GM's color, but is available in the almighty "rattle can". I like having this kind of paint because it's easy to match and any scratches serious enough to be in danger of rust can be quickly dealt with. I always keep a can on hand....It was useful when someone wrote "WOOD" in the dried mud on my fender....wait, that was me. Anyhow, you get the picture. Straight, pretty body panels are not for playtrucks.