Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 9, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well my brothers room-mate is an auto costomizer(call him a ricer if you must) and a vary cool guy. He saw my f-150 and thought it was cool, but missing something. Customization...
    So we atarted talking and he has always whanted to spray paint something awsome on an old truck. So we ran down to the surplus store and started in on the project. Camo flames. Well we got the fenders done today, the hood is next... heres a pic of it
    http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.php?ride_id=2049

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

remote linking not allowed

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah i just tested it. It should work now, i just liked you to the trucks profile instead of the specific pic.

4. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

Link works for me.

I like it! It is different.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I can't imagine what it'd be like to go from 3.00 gears with open diffs to something decent and lockers.

Oh yeah I can, I did, and I hope one day you get to experience the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif on the flames

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i kinda like going fast (faster than most would go off road), so the 3.00s are awsome. The truck as it stands right now is making about 220hp and 320lbs ft of torque so it will break the 33" TSL radials loose on dry pavement. If you hit first gear(its like an SM465) it will do nothing but spin and people have told me it lifts the left front /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...it lifts the left front...

[/ QUOTE ]

With a straight six? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

o yeah, i drive bassically the same truck at work, only it has little tiny tires on it. first gear will really lift the left front. those old ford 300's are (flame suit on) one hell of a straight 6.

o, and i like the flames, they are awesome.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hope ya dont hit a deer or something who wont move out of the way cause he cant see ya coming... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

j

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Straight 6s are TORQUEY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's awesome dude, I wish I would've thought of that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I've been thinking about re-painting my X OD or camo, I saw one (OD) on explorer4x4.com and it looks really nice...

But if I do paint it again, it's going to be in a garage... spray painting in the wind is very annoying and messy... And since I can't cover the windows when it's windy, I end up scraping all my glass with a razor blade for the next 2 days /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Man that looks cool, I like it!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah first gear in an NP435 gear box is 7:1. That coupled whith the fact that a ford 300-6 makes torque from idle(500rpm) all the way to 1800 it will give you instant power. And also one thing most people dont realise about inline sixes, is that cube for cube they make more torque than a v-8. And my 300, is bored out to a cool 310 cubic inches /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Looks like the flatbed fit pretty good on your truck too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Nice flames, and yes the Straight 6/465 Combo is nice. I have a friend up here at college with that in a C10, itll keep up, and sometimes get a tad ahead off the line with my Turbo Deisel K10, up to about 40 then i start pulling away big time.

16. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

L-6 engines are cool, torque is good, gas milage is great, and its simple. now i cant wait until im done rebuilding my 250 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the flames look cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif