Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You know justice will not be served

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Clicky

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

What, exactly, would you consider "justice" ?

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thats unfortunate for both sides of that accident. Too bad it happened. IMO, if it can be determined that this guy passed out due to his diabetis when the accident happened, he should be released.

If you had a medical condition that one day caused you to accidentally take the life of an innocent bystander, would you like to go to prison for 10 years? I think the guilt anyone with a conscience would carry could be considered punishment enough.

Its a shame it happened, but it sounds like a real accident to me. You want to toss someone in the slammer, go talk to this guy's doctors that gave him his prescriptions! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats unfortunate for both sides of that accident. Too bad it happened. IMO, if it can be determined that this guy passed out due to his diabetis when the accident happened, he should be released.

If you had a medical condition that one day caused you to accidentally take the life of an innocent bystander, would you like to go to prison for 10 years? I think the guilt anyone with a conscience would carry could be considered punishment enough.

Its a shame it happened, but it sounds like a real accident to me. You want to toss someone in the slammer, go talk to this guy's doctors that gave him his prescriptions! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ] The medical defence is BS. He has a long history of speeding and running stop signs. Not even a year ago he almost hit a car at that same intersection becouse he ran the sign.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

What, exactly, would you consider "justice" ?

[/ QUOTE ]What they would do to a regular person. But sence he is SD's only congressman, and former Govenor, he won't be treated the same as you or I would be in the court room. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

hijack! ive heard that if you tell the cop you sneezed right before the you caused the accident, then your not held at fault. dont know if its true or not. end hijack!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

probably an urban legend, maybe it worked once on some dumb cop where a witness saw the person sneeze from the side of the road or something

8. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Officer i was doing 77 in a 55 becuase my low blood sugar, i need to get home and eat a snickers quick.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kinda funny that he comes up with the low blood sugar excuse months after the accident. First he claims he swerved to avoid a on comming car, but no witnesses sean any other car. He just needs to admitt that he was going too fast and ran the sign.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So have You ever drivin over the speed limit? Yeah the guy fawked up and should be charged with manslaughter but what the hell I'm sure no jail sentence will never amount to the guilt that the poor sap will have to live with.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You're not getting the point. I'm saying he won't get would you or I would, becouse he is a congressman, and former 4 term govenor. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You're not getting the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm saying he won't get would you or I would,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Your right! I'm not getting the point!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. ithinkican

ithinkican Registered Member

Amazingly enough, he WAS found guilty of manslaughter.

story about Janklow

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the sentencing phase.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, I know. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard they found him GUILTY on all charges.