Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You know your truck is tall when....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Aug 5, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Your brother puts it on a trailer and asked what the minimum clearence is for an overpass. LMAO!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

sitting on a u haul auto transport and with 245's on it and sucked down(57's fords) it is about 10' tall /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I'm gonna roll it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL woah! That would have sucked if it did hit the over pass thing /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same thing here, wondering how tall my K5 will be on my flatbed gooseneck trailer.

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifthats tall. how about some pics? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I had my truck towed up to an exhaust shop to have a flowmaster system installed. So the guy shows up with a flatbed. I was a little concerned, but it turned out ok. It was pretty close to 15 feet tall since the deck on the flatbed was already up to my eye(I am 6'3") So yeah it was huge. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Remington

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

PICS TO FOLLOW, THEY AREN;'T HERE YET
    OOps forgot the caps..been busy doing work stuff,LOL

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah! I have never seen your willys jeepthing! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

never been to members rides?? theres like 4 I think in there and then my webshot folder has like 2.5 pages

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL DOH! I never thought of that. Whats your webshots page? I'll check your ck5 gallery in a sec.
    Thanks

11. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Guess that won't fit in the garage will it?
    You know it gets cold around here in the winter?

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the spot I rented is 12 x 24 with a 10 x 10 door, It's like 8' and some change off the trailer. I'll grab some pics of it today with the pizza cutters on it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah that looks awesome! great job!

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'v got tons more to do, just need to get everything put together. I had my brother tow it here so I could work on and to bring all the stuff I needed, he said he brought most of....or half so I basicly get to finish mounting my beadlocks. doesn't do any good to have 2 of the 3 brakelines, no firewall (but he brought the brake and clutch set up but forgot the steering column. He said to quit bitching and to just finisht he TBi swap and fire it up...then he stopped mid way through and said...nevermind I forgot the two optimas. So I figured I could atleast do the dash and gauges..which he forgot the gauges. Well I'll finish the bumpers...he forgot the metal. I then could do my front spring bushings...nope he forgot the jack stands and hole saw. Looks like I'm making a run back that way soon so I can actually do something.
    he told me "just go buy what you need", I said WTF I already bought it once.

The part that pisses me off the most was i sent him an email two weeks ago with a list of what I needed. I even said i could come that way to box it up, he said should be no problems...he didn't start loading it up til the night before /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    so i went from being away from it for 5 months without being able to work onit ro see it...now I can atleast see it,LOL

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah that sucks. I'd be really mad if he forgot all that stuff! Do you think he did it on purpose or anything? It's kind of weird he forgot a bunch of stuff you needed to sytart working on it again. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I just think he forgot. like he raid the email and forgot to print it out as a check list but just went off the top of his head on that to grab...oh yeah he remembered the radiator..but forgot the hoses. he grabbed the anti wrap bar but forgot the bushings for it.

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh ic. well hopefully you'll have better luck next time! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

shitty part #2,123 is that I was planning on buying a car this week and i wouldn't be able to get all that in there. so i have to take the work truck over there. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what do you drive for a work truck? That must be a pig on gas /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif