Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN OKIE WHEN

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

YOU KNOW YOU\'RE AN OKIE WHEN

(Every Okie should review this annually, I think....)

1. It doesn't bother you one bit to use airports named for 2 men who died in the same grisly plane
    crash.

2. You can properly pronounce all of the following, and without laughing: Eufaula, Pushmataha,
    Okemah, Tishomingo, and Chickasha.

3. You know that the true value of a parking space is determined not by the distance to the door,
    but rather by the availability of shade.

4. You readily understand the difference between 3.2 and 6.0 beer, and know what a "beer run" to
    another state is.

5. A tornado warning siren is not necessarily cause for alarm. (It's usually just your signal to
    go out in the yard and look for the funnel. Fun for the whole family.)

6. You are 100% Okie if you've ever had this conversation with a friend:
    "Y'all wanna Coke?" "Sure." "What kind ya want?" "Dr. Pepper,"

7. You've used at least 4 of the following 8 words/expressions in daily conversation: "reckon";
    "plumb" (e.g., "plumb stove up," "plumb fed up,"
    "plumb sick and tired," etc.); "Howdy"; "I swan" (in lieu of "I swear"); "fixin' to"; "See y'all
    later" (alt., "Y'all behave yourselves!"); "gol-durn"; "jing-dang-it"

8. You understand at least 5 of the 10 following concepts and expressions: dry county; The B.C.
    Clark Christmas jingle; "Once saved, always saved."; "Useful as tits on a boar hog."; "Go
    Sooners!";"Shoot far (fire) and save the matches!"; liquor-by-the-drink; Vacation Bible School;
    peppered cream gravy on everything, please, Ma'am; "Just open all the windows and git in the
    bathtub."

9. You know how to identify at least 5 varieties of venomous snakes on sight.

10. You understand that Oklahoma is a Southern, Southwestern, and Midwestern state-all at once and
    this is not a contradiction in your mind.

11. The local paper quickly covers national and international headlines on the front page, but
    requires 6 pages for sports and 2 pages for local church news.

12. You know more than 1 woman who has used an O.U. football schedule to plan her wedding date.

13. You don't find it in the least bit odd to see "chicken fried chicken" on a menu

14. You know the difference between "Durant" and "Doo-rant," and you also know which state has a
    "My-am-muh," and which has a "My-am-ee." (Miami)

15. You remember the profligate wealth of the Oil Boom, and you fervently pray for those days to
    return.

16. A BMW is not nearly the status symbol that a Ford F150 4x4 is.

17. You don't find it in the least bit odd to find video rentals, ammunition, and live bait all in
    the same convenience store.

18. You know all 4 seasons by heart: Tornado, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas

19. You know exactly what calf fries are, and you eat them anyway.

20. You can't always remember which year your sweet Mama was born, but you can rattle off the years
    of all the "terrible hot" summers in your lifetime lickety-split.

2. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

Re: YOU KNOW YOU\'RE AN OKIE WHEN

those could also hold some truth in arkansas /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Not being a native, those still apply, .......and it ain't funny /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4. You readily understand the difference between 3.2 and 6.0 beer, and know what a "beer run" to
    another state is.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

When I was at OU thats all anybody wanted me to bring back from home

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I didn't have to worry, Texas and New Mexico 30 minutes away..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh wait, I wouldn't have to drive even that far. Access to an evidence locker has it's advantages /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'm from TENN. and it still nailed me spot on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

You forgot;

21. Have a second rate football team full of crackheads and thugs, and aspire to the level of greatness the Huskers have standardized for college football. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I had to throw something else besides the 'crackheads and thugs' in there...you know, to seperate the Huskers from the Sooners. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well I know I'm not an Okie /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    21. Have a second rate football team full of crackheads and thugs, and aspire to the level of greatness the Huskers have standardized for college football.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ROFLMAO!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    21. Have a second rate football team full of crackheads and thugs, and aspire to the level of criminal behavior the Huskers have standardized for college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Damn, I was wondering if you would ever weigh in on that! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Long day at work, moving furniture. Piddly crap that is taking away my time for the week................ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif