Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You know you're out in the sticks when

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

the local news is covering high school sports. Sitting here watching the news, and was thinking, WTF is up with all the high school sports on the news. When I lived in the larger citys, they never covered high school sports. Oh well, I guess it's job security for the sports news casters.

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

High school sports is a major thing in the news around here, and not all of it is the sticks. :dunno:

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt consider it a "out in the sticks" thing, its just a "big" city thing when they dont talk about high school sports...When I was in Pittsburgh they discussed high school sports. Maybe its just where you live.

4. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

Hey, You think you're in the sticks, we have no "local news crew"

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Even here in Portland, Oregon (dunno the population but it's over a million) high school sports, especially right now is HUGE. Basketball playoffs are beginning, last games are tonight to set the seedings, and it beats the hell out of watching the dumbass NBA Blazers we have. Our high school is ranked 2nd in the state, daughter is a cheerleader, major support time.................:D

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

chanel 3 here in Sac does HS sports like every weekend, i think it is pretty cool. they cover all the sports, football B-ball, base ball, and sac is pretty dang big:D

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hell with a population of 120 We don't even have a school:rotfl: :thumb:

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

All my local stations are Philadelphia stations. Philly is #8 on the population list IIRC, and most nights they have a couple minutes dedicated to local high school sports. Especially during football season.

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

:haha: Me either! I have to get the "local" news from Pensacola (50 miles west) or Panama City (45 miles east) or from a newspaper or online. I've never lived anywhere until now that didn't have a local station (besides public access cable channels). It's kinda refreshing.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

when the hot spot is a MOBIL gas station. years ago my cousin and i moved a guys computers to louiville KENTUCKY. after we droped the stuff off at 3'30 am we hit 75 north. after 60 or so miles we needed gas and i could see the glow of a MOBIL in the darkness.we got off the exit and pulled into a huge croud of peeps. when they saw the MICHIGAN plate they came running and asking "are you from detroit?":yikes: who cares i thought, and gassed up quick. they were acting like we were rock stars.crazy then but i'd love the peace of that town now.

11. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

I know what Paul is saying. Here they dont have a few minutes for HS sports. Here they spend more time on HS sports than they spend on World news and weather combined. Its not all that bad but i dont think they need to interview both coaches, the best offensive AND defensive player from both teams for every game. Well I guess its either that or listen to them talk about the regional news (prairie dogs, wal-mart and closing the dog park)
    james

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, that Rathole Sh_tty for ya, LOL. Hour long news, 1/2 of witch is high school sports.