Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You may call it a snowplow, but I call it a trailerloader

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 8, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I think I've used it for loading cars and trucks on my trailer more than actually push snow with it.

PlowLoading1.JPG

PlowLoading2.JPG

PlowLoading3.JPG

PlowLoading4.JPG

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive only done that once with mine, i do use it alot to move dirt around though.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Sweet! I need a trailerloader. Currently we just pull them up with another truck using a chain.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

hmmm--I'm not the only one!...

Every time I'd go to my friends old shop he moved out of last year,with my plow truck,I'd usually not only end up plowing the parking lot out--I was almost always asked to use the plow truck to push dead cars and trucks into the shop and up onto the alignment rack/lift!..nothing worse than trying to push another full sized plow truck in, with only a few humans doing the pushing..

His parking lot was a downhill grade from the service bays too..sucked pushing them uphill,and was nearly impossible in the icy weather.. We stoved in the rear doors of an Astro van (real crapbox!)-using another customers ford f-350 to push it inside once.the bumpers didn't line up too good,and the tire we shoved between them slipped!:blush: ..oooops!.:doah: ..and after we fixed the fuel pump in the Astro van,the F350 slid down the driveway on black ice with nobody even IN it,and hit it again!..so the guys insurance paid for the doors..the owner just kept the money,and just dent pullered the doors back out..!:p:

I use my plow frame as a hoist for many things other than the plow blade..like motors,trannies,axles,etc..I leave the belt on the pump all summer.. A few guys say "you'll burn the pump up driving it all summer with it hooked up!"..I say BS!--its the exact same pump as a GM P/S pump inside a fisher plow pump,I used to sell rebuilt GM ones to Fisher dealers!..so why should I worry about the plow pump burning up,if my P/S pump has 150,000 miles on it??..:rolleyes:

I used the plow hoist to carry a large snowblower home from the landfill once--the guy who ran the dump was trying to sell it for 20 bucks..after I told him I'd only take it as a gift,he smirked and said "if you can lift it into your truck,you can HAVE it!"..:wink1: ---I turned the truck around,and wrapped a chain around it,hooked it to the plow frame,put my ratchet strap on it so it wouldn't sway around,-and waved goodbye!--he was BS!..:haha: .. the cop I passed on my way home gave me a funny look though..thought sure he was going to pull me over!..:crazy:

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i like i like, gatta get one of those :wink1: