Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You think getting the mud off your truck is hard?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I had to wash a jet today, just got it back from the desert. Not only did it have sand all over the place. Where it landed for a layover, it flew through a bug storm. Bug guts everywhere. Needless to say I'm sore, tired, and hate bugs and sand >:|

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Try helicopters. We spend ALL our time in "the bug zone", and we land IN the dirt/sand. Plus, the CH-53E is sometimes called the "flying HAZMAT spill", so there's plenty of oil, grease, and hyd fluid to attract the dirt & sand.
    We used to use a quart of Tide laundry detergent in 5 gallons of water to get them clean after CAX at 29 Palms or WTI at Yuma.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yup, cleanin the truck is alot harder than that :haha: :haha:

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Hazmat? so its over 55 gal. ;) I just spent a half hour scrubbing AZ baked bugs of the front of my wifes dodge and I thought that was bad!

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

General rule of thumb with any helo... if it ain't leakin', somethin's wrong.

These bugs were 250 KIAS splattered bugs :(

The soap we use is an acidic aircraft soap. It makes your mouth go numb if you get some in your mouth (it happens all the time), it makes your skin peel if you get some in your rainsuit. Soap nuts suck... enough said about that.

And to top it all off, our wash took 10 hours today because of a mishap :(

Normally it takes 6 people 5 hours to wash and lube one of our jets (KC-135R)