Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You were right about the detroit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by readymix, Jul 10, 2004.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Last night i finally finished the install of the Detroit in the front D60 and the disc brake swap on the 14 bolt.
    My brother was also in town buying my 98 from me so we all decided to go play in the mud.

I can't even believe the differance the detroit makes in the front and i will never own another open diff again. We did not get any pictures because it was pouring rain and it was from 10PM until 2AM that we were out playing.

Thanks for all the input. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

horay! I can't wait to get a d60, and put a detroit in it /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Last night i finally finished the install of the Detroit in the front D60 and the disc brake swap on the 14 bolt.
    My brother was also in town buying my 98 from me so we all decided to go play in the mud.

I can't even believe the differance the detroit makes in the front and i will never own another open diff again. We did not get any pictures because it was pouring rain and it was from 10PM until 2AM that we were out playing.

Thanks for all the input. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant wait to try mine out in the mud.. hopefully 2 months.... and counting!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Trust me, the first time you step on it, and feel all four tires throw mud and pull you forward, you're not going to believe it!!!!

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

It was cool to be able to get out and through all the stuff that used to stop me last week. Now i need to get the steering brace before i brake something.

I will send you an e-mail in the morning about it Tim...