Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

you will get ripped off from this guy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wirex, Sep 3, 2002.

1. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

THIS NOT TO smears the good name of ColoradoK5 JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BUT ANYTHING FROM THIS KrisOne /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

HERE IS THE ADD I ANSWERED I SENT HIM 3 EMAILS TO MAKE SURE WHAT I WAS TO GET HE EVEN RAISED THE PRICE AND DIDN'T SEND ALL THE PARTS HERE IS COPY OF EMAIL
    84 k5 power doors/windows
    07/17/02 10:28 PM
    I have two 84 k5 doors, Full power (windows and locks)
    I am trying to get rid of. I havent a place to store them.
    I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    If interested please send me an email.

Edited by KrisOne (07/18/02 02:22 AM)
    Gino,

HERE IS THE EMAIL FROM KRIS OF WHAT I WAS TO GET
    I will take out.
    Power window regulators
    Switches
    Window Motors
    Door Lock Switchs
    Lock Actuators
    Lock Rods
    Lock Solonids
    And All Wireing Componets.
    These parts weight around 10 lbs. so please add $10.00 for shipping.
    so 50 total. Pages: 1
    KrisOne
    Pavement Pounder

I went to the post office to ship and shipping is 20.90 plus a cod fee which is 5 so shipping is 25.90 + 40.00 so the total is 65.90 Im sorry you will see when it is recieved. It should be there by next monday
    Kris

ALL I GOT WAS 2 LOCK Solonids AND 2 WINDOW MOTORS AND SOME
    BEATUP WIRE AND WINDOW SWITCH WHERE IS THE
    Power window regulators THE PARTS DON'T WORK WITH OUT THE REGULATORS
    SO WHEN SOMEONE FILLS OUT THERE PROFILE OUT LIKE THIS
    RUN!!
    Email
    Name
    Title Pavement Pounder
    Total Posts 4

Homepage
    Occupation
    Hobbies
    ICQ Number
    Off-Road Vehicle 1
    Off-Road Vehicle 2
    Vehicle Modifications
    Favorite Wheeling Spots
    Registered on 07/17/02 04:06 PM

***SO HERE IS HIS EMAIL ASK HIM WHEN WILL HE SEND ME THE REST OF THE PARTS MAYBE IF HE GET A TON OF EMAIL HE WILL SEND THE PARTS KrisOnComp@aol.com ****
    THANKS

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Did you try to get ahold of him to see WTF? Maybe he's got a decent excuse....

3. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

HERE IS IS REPLY SORRY I DIDN'T THINK THEY CAME OUT
    AND HE WANT MORE MONEY

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Gino,

Sorry to be less than sympathetic, but here's the reality check: You sent money to a complete stranger who has NO history on CK5.

The only reason that guy signed up was to post items for sale. Look at his history of posts.....every one was to sell something. Never to talk about Blazers, or offer advice to anyone.

If this was e-Bay and you saw items for sale by a guy with 0 feedbacks, and a sunglasses logo next to his name, would you send them your money? I don't think so! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

In my not so humble opionion, Steve Fox should never have created the "Free Classifieds" section on this board. This is the kind of crap that happens when ANYONE can create a new account, and start posting for sale.....they can rip people off and get away with it easily.

Be thankful it wasn't something a LOT more expensive. You have lost a few bucks, but you are hopefully wiser for the experience. KrisOne will probably never post on this site again, or will post under a NEW username.

It's a tough lesson to learn...and unfortunately it smears the good name of ColoradoK5 when people get ripped off here. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

5. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

In agree with Greg72. You got burnt, but only because you made a bad choice. I speak from experience. I was so excited about buying a first gen I bought it sight unseen (although tons of emails). When it showed up on the flat bed I almost crapped my pants. It was nothing like promised. I yelled and screamed at the guy, but he was moving, and the hassle just got to big to deal with. Finaly I just kept the truck. I have now spent sooooo much money on it.. ho hum. lesson learned. Don't buy anything from anyone sight unseeen. The only exception is if you have GREAT references from other people who have bought from them. Sorry.

6. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

YOU MISSED IT HOW DID HE SHIP IT
    I went to the post office to ship and shipping is 20.90 plus a cod fee which is 5 so shipping is 25.90 + 40.00 so the total is 65.90 Im sorry you will see when it is recieved. It should be there by next monday
    Kris

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Another fun way to get ripped off is to lend money to friends. Its a rare friend who pays you back. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

total HOGWASH!

anyone can sign up to be a MEMBER and rip people off as well.

unless you are personally going to travel and make all the deals 'straight up' you should stop spouting this drivel about 'paying makes you an honest dealer'
    there is no security checks just a small cash outlay.

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

m j,

I think you missed my point....

I never said that being a MEMBER makes you honest, nor did I say that being a NON-MEMBER makes you dishonest....please re-read my post and tell me if you still believe I'm making a "members vs non-members" soapbox speech...???

The color of a persons username is irrelevant....but to me at least, a person with 0 posts (or 4 posts in this case) who posts items for sale should be treated VERY cautiously.... that was the point of my e-Bay analogy as well.

KrisOne signed up on CK5 and posted items "For Sale" about 5 minutes later (In the wrong forum too I might add)... That should have been a "red flag" to the buyer.

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

the next time you buy any thing, talk to them, get there home, cell and work #s. call all numbers. find some other K5er in there area that can give you a heads up one the guy. just some ideas.

11. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

No one forced anyone to buy anything. You got burned. Thanks for the heads up. But eliminating the forum is no solution. Each individual has a responsibility to protect his own interests. There are escrow companies to act as intermediaries between sellers and buyers. On an expensive item it would be a wise investment. On cheaper stuff, why not cruise to the local wrecking yard or buy from someone you trust?

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I agree that eliminating the forum wouldnt be a good answer. Its watching who you buy from. As Greg said if they have no posts but sells something right away its a red flag. Whether your a member or not. Someone can pay 20 bucks and do the same thing. Even though it is less likely.

Same goes for buyers. Check their profiles and do some homework before you agree to sell to them. If its a big item and a huge hassle if they dont send the money , or if you dont get your parts sent to you there isnt anything you can do.

On ebay however you can leave bad feedback and contact ebay to help you out. Bad feedback can be left there which you will see before you buy or sell to them anyways.

13. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

so is the 'free classified' refering to the newly added one for nonmembers or all the for sale sections?
    I read it as the newly created non member one.

14. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear you got ripped off.theres always that saying that "buyers beware".hope you can maybe work something out witht he guy.be persistent and try and not let him get away with it.distance between buyers and sellers is the hardest thing to overcome.