Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You would think they would be smarter than this.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joez, Jun 21, 2004.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Well, today i went out to eat with my uncle and mom. I had my physical therapy today as well, so i drove separate and just met them at the restaraunt. I left and decided to take a different way home, past our old stomping grounds. We had a local place we used to wheel at, until the owner sold the land. He used to let us wheel, as long as we kept things clean. It was a nice agreement. Now that there is a new owner though, he doesnt want people back there for liabilty reasons, and that was cool with us. He posted his signs by the entrance and we helped him block it off. Well, the local high schoolers found a new way back there and tore it all up. Now it is a big rutted mess. idiot kids are always getting their stock explorers and parents SUV's stuck at the entrance and getting busted by the cops. I find it funny.

Getting back to the point, as i round the corner i see a stock wrangler pulled off the road with its hazards on. He is sitting just past the new entrance. I slow down, and as i get closer i see what is stuck. A brand spanking new Chevy colorado. Z71 package, crew cab, pretty nice truck for a 16-17 year old. I pull over and get out to see if i can lend a hand, and the kid is frantic to get out. I thought he was going to start crying any second. Either that or have a panic attack. I tell the kid its no big deal, i can get him out, but he just starts freaking out more, about how he has to get out NOW, and get to the carwash. He is now yelling at me. I tell him he shouldnt have even been wheeling on illegal land while i point to the no trespassing sign, and he damn near looses it. he starts freaking about cops coming. He runs back to the truck to do who-knows what, and i ask his friend what his problem was. Turns out, that this truck wasnt just brand new, 3 Hours earlier it had been showroom new. His dad had bought it that day for a new work truck, and let his son take it out for a spin real quick. His kid had the brilliant idea of taking out for some evening wheeling, without his dads knowing. He thought that he would just tear through some mud real quick, go to the carwash and get away scott free. Guess he didnt think about what could happen.

I did the nice thing and yanked the kid out, but when i did i noticed his front tires werent spinning, and i asked him why he wasnt in 4wd. Apparently, you can get a Z-71 Colorado in 2wd /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

What would posess this moron to do this? Why do all these kids have no respect for anything, especially what isnt theirs?

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

you should have got pictures and acidentally given them to his dad to teach that punk a little lesson.

what a moron!

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Should have broke his nose in exchange for the pull out, I'd have done it. Nothing drives a lesson home like vicious pain and the taste of blood

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I dont have a digital camera, or a film one for that matter. I doubt he will get away with it, he was covered in mud from crawling arround hooking up the strap. This led to the interior getting nice and muddy. The kid was so focused on getting the truck clean and back home that he jumped in the drivers seat with mud all over his back. I didnt say anything when i saw it happen.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

i would have, but im 19, and this kid was going to be a senior in high school, so 17 tops. In this day of suing everybody for everything, i dont take my chances.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    .... this kid was going to be a senior in high school, so 17 tops.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'd have left him there. Imagine the depth of the lesson if daddy just happened to roll by?

No offense - but 19 is "a kid", too. But you're absolutely right - respect for others and their property is EARNED!!

7. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

I would have been nice and used a tow strap to get him out, made sure to wrap it around his back axle, right next to the spring and given it a 90mph yank. See how daddy likes it when junior has to explain why he's stuck in mud and the axle is now removed from his "new" truck...

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Good news, the kids dad found out anyway. One of the guys i went to test and tune today with is friends with him, and told me all about it. He was trying to get to the carwash and got pulled over doing 55 in a 30mph zone. The kids dad took away his car and phone, and i guess he is grounded until he graduates. Little punk got what he deserved.
    I just hope he learns something from this

I would have felt bad just leaving the kid there. I always try and help out anyone if i can. I always try and think that if i ever end up in a bad situation i would hate to have somebody just leave me there.

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... dad took away his ... phone,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Used to be that being banished to your room with no TV and contact w/friends for a week or two was SEVERE - nowadays - taking away the PHONE is punisment?? Jeez!! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I totally agree with taking away the car - whether it's in his name or daddy's name - doesn't matter. Driving is a PRIVILAGE - abuse and lose it!

You are to be commended for stopping and helping out, though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can't guarantee I'd have been that nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Guess I've been in too many similar situations when I was young and dumb (one's enough) and had to face the consequences. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif