Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Your favorite Zeppelin song?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Jan 26, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I was arguing with my roomate over this. Stairway to Heaven baby!!!!!!!!!!!

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

The Lemon Song...

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

not placing a vote because i want to pick 2.. but its stairway to heaven and immigrant song..

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think I should have made a longer list! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Confedneck

yeah.. i dont see "celebration day"

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

And wheres Ramble on? and tangerine? The lemon song? Hot Dog?? geeze, i cant vote, its biased! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Zepllin is way cool though /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Most Zep tunes are favorites /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nobody's Fault but Mine didn't make your list... that's my fav /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Stairway to Heaven is probably one of the most requested songs in history. But there's just something about the lyric: "Squeeze my lemon baby, 'til the juice runs down my leg"... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

How many folks here are old enough to have actually SEEN Led Zep in concert? I spent all day baking in the hot Florida sun at Tampa Stadium in July 1976 just to have good seats for the LZ concert (they still had general seating back then!) When the concert finally started, they played 2 or 3 songs before a Noah-build-a-boat thunderstorm started. The tickets said that they would play rain-or-shine, but there was so much water that their equipment shorted out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The concert ended and the crowd got unruly. I didn't like the general mood of the place, so I bugged out back to the motel room. Got there just in time to watch live TV coverage of the riots that were taking place at the stadium. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

A few years later I worked at a place in Dallas where I met a guy that had been the sound man at that concert. He told me that what had happened was that the tarp over the stage had started to sag under the weight of the water, so a roadie went over and pushed up on the tarp with a broom. The tarp ripped and poured hundreds of gallons of water directly into the amplifiers. That ended the show... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a bigger list would do,maybe.all LED ZEPLLIN is great.but my fav album is phyisical graffiti.most of the songs you listed are played about 10 times a day here in DET.the dick head program directer won't change (doug powdel). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

All of Them!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. boggerless

stairway to heaven has been over played here.we had tickets to the show,but alas JOHN BONAM died right berore.my luck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. boggerless

hell i even still remember the first led zep song i heard.in grade school a kid brought in a 45lp with black dog on one side,as i stood there with my arthur fonzarelli hair cut and little leather jacket,i fell in love with that song.that song was so cool i didn't care that the other kids were laughing at my wig,slicked back with a DA. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is there a choice that isn't over 25 years out of date ??? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

14. boggerless

back street boys /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

15. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    back street boys /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    back street boys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    leave it to a ford owner..

17. mudjunkie 82

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Is there a choice that isn't over 25 years out of date ???

[/ QUOTE ]

this coming from a guy that lists Lincoln Park as an alltime fave? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif sorry, couldn't resist...

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

"Travelling Riverside Blues".......Gotta love Page's attempt at immitating a slide guitar. The ol' "squeeze my lemon" line makes it into this tune too.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't really have one standout favorite.

Really like some of the variations such as when Page and Plant remade some stuff with the Indians, and I've previewed one album that was done by an orchestra and I liked it. They really translate well.