Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

your first posts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 11, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what were your first posts here at ck5 about? heres mine. I just think its funny to read what we were like as noobs

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey everybody, I finally got a blazer after many months of looking! It is awesome. It's a 1989 K5 with a six inch lift with 35's on it. The day i got it home, i ripped the interior out and am in the process of replacing it. I have installed a killer audio system in it. The system pounds very hard. I am thinking of getting a cowl hood, and a fresh paint job, there are a few scratches in the paint that are kinda rusted. Also the hood paint is chipping.

I have many questions from here.... Is it stupid of me to try and make this truck fast? I mean, won't beefing up the engine or gears or whatever just put more strain on the rest of the parts (u joints, drive shaft etc...) I know nothing about motors, trucks, or fixing them. Thanks everyone

[/ QUOTE ] Clicky

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Here it is... gotta love it!

"Hey everyone... My questions are many but I will start with what seems to be the biggest sticking point. Right now I have a 72 that needs new leaf's. So, I am looking at getting a new set (4) of either Skyjacker or Superlift springs. No blocks. Between the two... which is the smoother/softer ride? This is my daily driver and I want to be able to run the freeway at 55 as well as the trail at 5.

So, which is softer? which is better? which one will I regret buying?

Thanks for the help/opinions.
    -Ryan "

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok but don't call me names I think i was confused about the 5 in K-5 maybe thinking it had s-10 gear or something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I JUST BOUGHT AN 89 BLAZER CAN I BOLT UP AXLES FROM A 1/2 TON LATE 70'S PICKUP?

[/ QUOTE ]

FUNNY

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

My first post was in the parts wanted forum, offering to sell parts to someone... Go figure /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

whats the quickst way to find it, I get tired of trying to scroll throw all my post,LOL I remember most of it but can't find it.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Here's mine:

[ QUOTE ]
    i've heard of the custon cv rear drive shafts out there. what about fitting the cv joint from a front drive shaft to the rear drive shaft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

And this post makes <font color="red"> # 900 </font>

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey heres my opinion on the bumper idea, I'm welding tubing in the spot you are talking about to mount one D-shackle on each side of the frame, that way it is tied right into the frame and not from a bumper. Then i'm building my bumper to work around the D-shackles, I'm doing the same to the front of the frame too. As for the custom frame work for the 40's panel body... adding more to a burban chassis? why that seams to be plenty long for a 40's era vehicle if not too long. I went with a blazer chassis for mine. thats just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

woohoo, My frst post was a fab post on bumprs,LOL
    Too bad i didn't do them that way I made em out of 2 x 8 tube with some clevis mounts made by Jeff(Muddytazz)

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I got tired of clicking back......... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

12. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Heres mine in response to a ticket post.

here it is

I am also sad to admit that more times than once I noobed up the ORD sub forum.

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I went to search, but I can't figure out how to extend the search dates back further. It will only let me go back as far as 9 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Found it somehow...

[ QUOTE ]
    I am purchasing my first K5 this weekend.
    It is lifted 4" and is running 33's. It has 4 wheel drums non-power, and I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a power disc brake conversion for the front. I have heard the same from everywhere I have gone and called, and that is that no one makes a conversion for the first-gens, at least not a front conversion (only available on 2wd), and I was wondering if anyone has done this swap, and if you just have to use used parts, and if anyone has a step-by-step website, a list of parts, pretty much anything will help.
    Also, my email address is onyx_1@hotmail.com
    Thank you, I really appreciate any and all help.
    -Andrew

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok i have a real dilema here, On the front of my 89 Blazer I need longer wheel studs, i have tried all the local auto parts stores in the area and turned up with nothing. My only other option that i know of right now is replacing the wheels which i do not want to do because of the expense, if any one knows of anywhere i can get longer wheel studs please let me know because i need them right away
    Thanks,
    Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

how did you search that far back?

16. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I deleted my first few because they were so embarassing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The first one was a for sale post for my Grand National and in my second one I called LiftedAssDodge a fawkker /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, then I made a few other airheaded posts that made me sound like a bragging idiot. Oh well, I was only 16 or something, older and wiser now /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

JeffI searched yours but it gets yours and Shannons mixed up they both are :

" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif " LMAO!!!

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Muddytazz 1st post ever: (might I add that no one responded to it) LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Subject: 75 burban lift kit

I want to lift it from stock with a 6" lift, what would you recommend and what are some of the mods that I will have to deal with (driveline lengths/angles, t-case lowering)

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better is your 2nd topic post Jeff, it cracks me up!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Subject: Locker Question

Sorry for what seems like a stupid question, but what is the purpose of a locker and what the the pros/cons of using them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Subject: Axle/Gear Question

I am running a D44 in the front and 12 bolt in the rear that are semi float in a 75 K10 Suburban, they are stock with the stock 3.08 gears...I am wanting to change the gears to 4.10's....anyways, the question i have is, I want to put full float axles in, do they make full float for 1/2 tons?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Subject: Body lift with suspension lift question

I have been told and read that body lifts are not recommended to use with suspension lifts yet i see just about everyone doing this. If I decide to put on a 2" body lift, the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that i'm going to have to deal with the steering column being lenghened. Is this true and is there anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how did you search that far back?

[/ QUOTE ]
    click the user name, then show all users posts, then on top in the address bar youll see the # 25, change it to 99 then change the # 0 to say 10, 15, or 20, its the fastest way