Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YOUR LUV DID WHAT!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Nov 18, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alright heres what happened... Allan and i were playing in the mud when he broke his uper U-joint on the front drive shaft. Well he couldnt rock himself out of his holes so we thought "wheres a 4x4 that can pull it out" and well the only one was luv. Well so i backed up and hooked on and whent fo it! Well it worked suprisingly well and we got Allans crew cab out of the mud pit, and for the record i do hate my clutch!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    And a link to the pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nugreel/lst?.dir=/My+Documents/Recoveries+and+towing&.view=l

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i tried to input the pics but it didnt work so i just dropped a link to the folder hwere the pics are, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Oops, already deleted what you responded too. Thanks for fixing the pics.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yup thats a whopping 110.8 cubic inches in action right there! And it supprised the hell out of the both of us! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hey, I have some LUV triva for you guys that I read a few months back: What does LUV stand for?
    Light Utility Vechicle

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

that's awesome!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

All i said to Allan when we got his crew cab out was "well at least it wasnt a ford" all he said was "yeah" but whith a big gin! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I had a 2wd single cab chevy pull me out of the mud today and I was burried to the axles. After jerking it several times it came right out.

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    After jerking it several times it came right out.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

To what are you referring here? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I knew that front driveline of mine would break eventually. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got this far in two wheel drive (the pits arent deep, but really slick!), then I popped it into 4-lo and eased out on the clutch (cause I knew the front U-joint was weak), and all I hear is a loud POP!

I could only rock it back and forth a few inches due to being kinda sideways. The 40" tires coated right over with the mud (described by many that were at our mud race earlier in the year to be just like the consistency of peanut butter)

Luckily, Dillon was there in the Luv /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and I figured he could at least jerk me back enough to get straightened out, but he and the Luv surprised us all by pulling the 1-ton Crew Cab all the way out. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thanks Dillon! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then I was able to drive the Crew Cab the 500 feet from the pit and put it safely back in the garage.

Here I am stuck:
    Me Stuck #1

Me Stuck #2

Me Stuck #3

11. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The truck. You perv. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Ah that was a good day. But we didnt get the realy funny pics taken. That morning i took my luv into the mud and well it whent about 15 feet and the highcentered on th ruts and wouldnt move. So Allan backed the crew cab up to me (into the mud i might add) and just yanked me out, I wasnt even giving it any gas! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif that was the funny stuff.