Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Your opinion wanted:

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Apr 22, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I know, I know Juan must be on some kind of posting binge but here goes...

I have:
    1 - 89'k1500gmc (running motor, working t-case, good rearend, body is great, tranny has pooped its pants)

1 - c/10 1970 twowheel drive (deceased grandfather's worktruck) running 350, tiny carb,working t-350, 12bolt rearend, no power steering or power brakes) I want to revive this truck badly as it has much sentimental value...Perhaps a badass prerunner using the 1989s frame?

1 - very modified blazer (700r4, np208, rottenchester quadrajunk (just kidding but I really want fuel injection)

WANTED: YOUR IDEAS ON COMBINING THE BEST OF THESE RIGS (oh and I don't want to stop driving my blazer for long... really I just want to add fuelinjection and leave it alone...well at least the drivetrain anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

also: spoke to Randy over at Randy Ellis Design and he said the c/10s linked rear with coils is really easy to trick out and can acheive something like 14 inches of travel. I guess it might be worth keeping. I just hate the idea of having drum front brakes (and manual to boot) and manual steering. That sucks. I'm even toying with cutting the front of the c/10s frame off and using the 89s front frame section to replace it. Is this doable?

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Juan,

[ QUOTE ]
    1 - c/10 1970 twowheel drive (deceased grandfather's worktruck) running 350, tiny carb,working t-350, 12bolt rearend, no power steering or power brakes) I want to revive this truck badly as it has much sentimental value...Perhaps a badass prerunner using the 1989s frame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about your grandfather....

[ QUOTE ]
    k1500gmc

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is the '89? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So it's got FI?

If so,.... don't over complicate things. Yank the FI and put it on your Blazer. Hell, your truck is already built, just needs FI.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marv

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

oops, yeah that 89 is the k1500gmc its fourwheel drive and only the tranny is f'ed.