Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

your opinions please

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jakentn 83k5, Apr 29, 2000.

1. jakentn 83k5

jakentn 83k5 Registered Member

i am trying to set up my k5 with a good sounding system now that the interior is about done.not looking for alot of bass just good sound..here is my current audio inventory...blaupunkt reno head,mid size coustic amp,2 alpine 6x9's..........
    alright you radio heads what else should i buy(on a budget of course), & where should i locate it in my k5, just built new side panels for back & would like something mounted in them...would consider maybe a small bass tube..what about componet speakers for front?...thnx

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

If you want an overall good sounding system, not a spl monster system, I would spend 100% of your budget on a set of separates and install them in the doors. Go with 3 ways if possible. Your amp can run the 6X9 mounted to the panels in the back and the separates. That is the best upgrade I have ever made to a system..I added MB Quart 3 ways. A 6.5"S woofer, a 4" midrange and a titanium tweet in each door..I ran it all with a Fosgate punch 200 and a sony head unit with cd changer I ended up taking out my sub and selling it as it overwhelmed the balance of music. You could piece together a nice 3 way setup...you could prob fit an 8" free air sub in the door for more bass if you like...

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

some kind of seperates in the doors or qforms in the kicks. A 10" subwoofer or even an 8" fits really nice in a side panel in back. Real clean and if you have the internal spare tire you can hide it behind it. Bass isnt directional

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    http://79blueknight.homepage.com