Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

your trail readys ?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sidslc, Nov 10, 2002.

1. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

hay steve whats up. Just wondering if you are happy with your trail readys and all that back spacing. Do you think it would of helped with the roll? just wondering oh and thanks for the ford 205 front output shaft and geting it out so fast. Later

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I've been really happy with the wheels. I don't really think there was much that could help with the rolls, the first was pretty much end over end so track width wouldn't help much. The second was an up in the air bounce so again, no help. The weight of the steel wheels might have helped, that was probably the problem, the alum. wheel were so light they flipped me right over!
    I've never been a real fan of a lot of tire outside the fender or really wide track widths, I think where I am now is a good balance of width for stability and narrow for better fit. That's why I have the 16.5's to start with. Incidentally, the alum wheels are backspaced 5 1/8" so I ended up 3/4" narrower when I swapped over, which I really didn't notice except my locking hub isn't as far inside and my coil and link arm clearance isn't as big as it used to be.

3. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

Hmmm thats cool, I guess that I am just a big puss. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I want as wide as I can get. My blazer feels way top heavy on side hills. Need to loose some lbs. just getting ready to revamp the rear end this winter. Move the rear axle back 4" new springs and some fox 2.0 14 in remote resivor shox.
    later