Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You're Lost Between a Baby Boomer & a Generation X'er If...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Mar 17, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You\'re Lost Between a Baby Boomer & a Generation X\'er If...

Reposts be damned! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's funny...

1. You remember when Jordache Jeans were cool.
    2. In your 5th grade class picture you were wearing a Izod shirt with the collar up.
    3. You know by heart the words to any Weird Al Yankovic song.
    4. The Brady Bunch movie brought back cool memories.
    5. You ever rang someone's doorbell and said "Landshark!"
    6. Three words: Atari, IntelliVision, and Coleco sound familiar.
    7. You remember Friday Night Videos before the days of MTV.
    8. You remember the days when "safe sex" meant that your parents were gone for the weekend.
    9. A predominant color in you childhood photos is plaid.
    10. While in high school, you and your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play Prince's "1999" until you passed out partying.
    11. You remember when music that was labeled alternative, really was.
    12. You took family trips BEFORE the invention of the minivan.
    13. You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the cars behind you.
    14. You've ever conversationally used the phrase, "Jane, you ignorant >slut!"
    15. You've watched HR Puffenstuff as a child, but now that you're older, you really understand that it would have been much better had you known about drugs at the time.
    16. You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:
    When I was younger...
    When I was your age...
    You know, back when...
    17. Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language.
    18. You're starting to view getting carded to buy alcohol as a GOOD thing.
    19. You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran, Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper video.
    20. The first time you ever kissed someone at a dance came during "Crazy for you" by Madonna.
    21. You remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit the streets and made your old Big Wheel quite obsolete.
    22. The phrase "Where's the beef" still doubles you over with laughter.
    23. You honestly remember when film critics raved that no movie could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.
    24. Girls thought Sean Cassidy was dreamy, and lusted after Ted the photographer on The Love Boat.
    25. You freaked out when you found that you now fall into the age category on most questionnaires.
    26. Your hair at some point in time in the 80's became something which can only be described by the phrase "I was experimenting".
    27. This timeline appropriately describes actual events in you life: Star Wars opens, you are still in single digit ages, and you think the creatures are WAY cool. Empire Strikes Back opens, you are now in early double digits, and you are convinced that the special effects are much better, the characters are cool, and you want one of every collectible out there. The Return of the Jedi hits the theaters, you are now a teenager and you cannot get your eyes off Princess Leia's chest or Han Solo's butt.
    28. You've ever shopped at Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years.
    29. You're starting to believe now that maybe having the kids go to school year round wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.
    30. You're doing absolutely nothing pertaining to your major.
    31. You ever wanted to be gagged by a spoon.
    32. U2 is too popular and mainstream for you now.
    33. You ever used to use the phrase "Kiss mah grits!" in conversation.
    34. You remember trying to guess the episode of the Brady Bunch from the first scene.
    35. You spent endless nights dreaming about being the Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman or the Six Million Dollar Man.
    36. You had ringside seats for Luke and Laura's wedding on General Hospital.
    37. You remember "Hey, let's be careful out there!"
    38. Your parent's wanted you to attend medical school, but you decided it was pointless since Quincy got all the babes anyway.
    39. You know who shot JR.
    40. This rings a bell: "...and my name is Charlie. They work for me."
    41. You were unsure if Diet Coke would ever catch on after all.
    42. You know all the words to the double album set of Grease.
    43. You ever had a Dorothy Hammill haircut.
    44. You sat with your friends on a Friday night and dialed 867-5309 to see if Jenny would answer.
    45. All skate, change directions, means something to you.
    46. You owned a pair of Vanns and wanted to order pizza in history class so you could be just like Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    47. You owned a preppy handbook.
    48. You were too young to go see the Blue Lagoon so you just had to settle for second hand reports.
    49. You remember when your cable TV box had a sliding selector switch.
    50. You actually believed everything Leonard Nimoy told you on "In Search Of..."
    51. Your jaw would ache by the time you finished those brick sized packages of Bazooka Gum.
    52. Bo and Luke Duke.
    53. VCR's cost $2,000.
    54. There was nothing strange about Bert and Ernie living together.
    55. Rotary dial telephones.
    56. You actually believed that Mikey, famed for his LIFE cereal commercials, died after eating a packet of pop rocks and drinking a Coke.
    57. The theme song to Greatest American Hero still comes back to you on occasion.
    58. You wanted Johnny Depp to stake out your high school in "21 Jump Street"

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: You\'re Lost Between a Baby Boomer & a Generation X\'er If...

i remember everyone of those /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Man what a rush of memories!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Damn I feel old now, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Can I take the 5th? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

As if I didn't feel old enough already! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

"Jane, you ignorant slut." /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, i need another beer. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ditto....

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ahhhh, the early 80's........... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

God I'm getting old /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hate it when people try to tell me I'm a gen Xer.. I thought I was the Pepsi Generation /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

gen x is by far the best group name so far. Wtf is "baby boomer" or gen "y"? sounds stupid, now "gen X" is too cool.

whatever, i gotta go eat now.

13. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Wtf is "baby boomer"

[/ QUOTE ]

After WWII there was like a great econonomic and techological boom. Well lots of people had children between 1946 and the late 50's. Lots of children!! Well those children ( my parents ) were called "baby boomers". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifyeah, i know what it is, I was just "jesting" the applied name. "baby boomer"....were used to hearing it, but just think about how ridiculous it sounds. How about "Baby Maker" or "Baby Spitter Outer" or "Baby Breeder" or /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    "Baby Spitter Outer"

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my Aunt Barbara in Detroit. She has had a kid like every couple years from 1977 to 1988 /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifyou suck, does laughing & thinking about school make me old?

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif