Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Z 71

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by ABO, Jan 9, 2003.

1. ABO

ABO Registered Member

I'm looking at the newer Yukons and Tahoes and was wondering if the Z71 option was available by both Chevy and GMC. On the GMC website, it is an option but I had a dealer tell me that it was Chevy only. Any truth to this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

You can get it on both GMC and Chevys. Whe I was looking for a truck, I found that both GMC and Chevy had RPO Z71s on them.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Z71 is basically shocks and tires - and perhaps skidplates (but they could be optioned by themselves).

You can buy the decal at any GM parts counter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. yukon guy

yukon guy Registered Member

Yes Z71 is an option on both, i have a 94 gmc yukon Z71. At first i thought it was just the stickers that someone added but it has all the skidplates and the billstein shocks and the heaver torsion bars that make the Z71 package. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Dont the Z71s also have about 2 in. lift over the regular 4x4s? Seems like I heard that somewhere.

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

i dont think they did b/c i have a reg 4X4 and mine was just as high as the Z71's when it was still stock. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

7. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I believe Z71 was just shocks and skidplates.
    Don't believe there was a lift.

If you're looking at 2-door Yukons part of my "GT" package, as in "Yukon GT", was the Z71 upgrade.

I don't recall ever seeing factory Z71 decals on this era of the trucks.

Hope that was clear as mud...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Ben

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

The offroad option could be ordered before Z71 was available. I got this on my 88 and it was about 2 inches higher than the regular truck. Better tourq bars,shocks, and lt 265 tires were the reason I ordered it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. ABO

ABO Registered Member

I haven't had a chance to ask the people at the GMC dealership about it. I know it was an option for both before. I think the jagoff was just trying to sell me what he had.

10. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Really I did not know that Zonkrat! my truck was my cousins truck before i got it and he got it new with the offroad package: it had 3 73 gears, a factory limited slip locker, trailer package, 265/75 tires but did not know bout the torusion bars being bigger or that they were higher but before i lifted my truck it was still on 265 tires and the Z71's i knew had 285's and mine was just as high as theres. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net