Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Z3PR brings it up I say, Farscape fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 30, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

One of my favorite shows. Whenever I'm done blowing money left and right on the K5 I'm going to get as many of the seasons I can on DVD.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Not too familair with it...... got a synopsis for me?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I currently own season 1 and 2. Will be buying season 3 soon. Yes, I'm a fan if you noticed my avitar is Scorpius.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Not too familair with it...... got a synopsis for me?

[/ QUOTE ] Farscape John Crighton is a astronaut who gets shot through a wormhole to a distant part of the galaxy where he go's through some major crazy sh_t !!!!! Very cool show.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hmmmm, you know I never really liked future alien sci fi, maybe mad max sci fi, but not this kind, none of that postr apocolyptic so far into the future we forgot what flashlights are and use them like magic either

That Pilot character looks pretty cool though

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I never really like say Star Trek or other such space Sci Fi, but I love Farscape. Its enjoyable, funny some action its good stuff. John constantly makes jokes at everyones expense but they don't get it cause well he is from Earth. I figured you knew Farscape since you commented on his Scorpius avatar which rocks by the way. Unless it is the mental version hmmm who can say?

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

FARSCAPE | SEASON ONE OVERVIEW

When astronaut John Crichton was accidentally shot through a wormhole, he didn't just end up on the other side of the galaxy — he ended up stuck in the middle of a space battle. Three prisoners — D'Argo, a Luxan warrior framed for the murder of his Sebacean wife; Zhaan, a Delvian priestess jailed for the brutal murder of her lover; and Rygel, a deposed monarch of the Hynerian Empire out for revenge against the cousin who betrayed him and took his throne — were escaping their confinement aboard a living ship named Moya. Officer Aeryn Sun, a loyal Peacekeeper commando pilot, was among those trying to stop them. By the end of the day, the prisoners were free, Aeryn had been exiled from her people, and Crichton was a fugitive.

These strangers were forced to work together to survive. Aeryn's former commanding officer, Captain Bialar Crais, hunted them through the dangerous Uncharted Territories. Things grew more difficult when Moya unexpectedly became pregnant. The arrival of Chiana, a Nebari runaway, brought even more complications.

Still, by the time Crichton spotted Earth at the far end of a new wormhole, he hesitated before diving in, sorry to leave his shipmates. But he was devastated to learn that Earth wasn't really there: It was a false image created by the powerful Ancients. Regretting the pain their deception caused to Crichton, these aliens planted complex equations for wormhole travel deep in the Human astronaut's subconscious.

Though that knowledge could serve as a subliminal guide for his quest, Crichton didn't know it was there. Believing his home was too far away to even hope of reaching, he devoted himself to his new comrades. When Aeryn was injured, he risked his life to infiltrate a Peacekeeper base in search of her cure. There, he was captured and tortured by Scorpius. This powerful and unconventional Peacekeeper discovered the wormhole information in Crichton's mind. Scorpius implanted a neurochip in the Human's brain to track Crichton and, over time, root out the valuable equations.

Unaware of the device hidden in his brain, Crichton escaped. Aeryn recovered. Moya's son, Talyn, was born. Even Crais, their former enemy, threw himself on their mercy when Scorpius usurped his command. Greater danger loomed, but Moya's crew proudly and affectionately realized that they were now ready to face it together, as a family.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I figured you knew Farscape since you commented on his Scorpius avatar which rocks by the way. Unless it is the mental version hmmm who can say?

[/ QUOTE ] Never thought about it, but "Harvey" is cool too, LOL. I see you're sporting Rygil as your avitar now. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

couldn't remember his name off the top of my head /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Inspired me <--

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    couldn't remember his name off the top of my head /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Inspired me <--

[/ QUOTE ] Rygil

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Next time I change mine, I think itll be D'Argo.

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was considering a nice shot of D'argo with his "sword" but no one else would get it cause you couldn't see his face or anything too well. Not that Rygel is an easy to understand character when you look at him.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm, you know I never really liked future alien sci fi, maybe mad max sci fi, but not this kind, none of that postr apocolyptic so far into the future we forgot what flashlights are and use them like magic either

That Pilot character looks pretty cool though

[/ QUOTE ] Sci-Fi isn't any different then 90% of what you see on TV. Yeah, it's not real, but it's still entertaining. Check out Farscape sometime, it's only a hour long and you just might like it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I was considering a nice shot of D'argo with his "sword" but no one else would get it cause you couldn't see his face or anything too well. Not that Rygel is an easy to understand character when you look at him.

[/ QUOTE ] Rygil is cool. Gotta love his attitude. Like when he calls Zan a blueass_bitch.

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got to love when he floats into a room of hostile aliens and simply says, "I am Dominar Rygel the XVI." and expects foreign races to bow before a king no longer in power /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Got to love when he floats into a room of hostile aliens and simply says, "I am Dominar Rygel the XVI." and expects foreign races to bow before a king no longer in power /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Or when he farts helieum (Yes, I misspelled that one).

17. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My wife and I loved Farscape! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifWe were very disappointed when SciFi cancelled its #1 show. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Have to admit that Z3PR's avatar had me thinking about getting the DVD's. Ever read any of the books?