Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

zero rate and crossover?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 21, 2005.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

if i use a zero-rate to move my axle forward i wont have to change my cossmeber when i do crossover steering is this correct? also should i just change my crossmeber because i am doing a engine swap soon?

also a little of subject but with the engine it is a 350 bored 60 over should this be a problem with building the engine up with more power?

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

How much lift do you have? Are you using a straight or bent drag link? I have a 2 1/2" lift w/ ORD's bent draglink and have little issues with the drag link hitting the crossmember.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I run 4.5" lift with a bent draglink on my crossover and I BARELY rub the engine crossmember sometimes. It is not a big deal, and I didn't move my axle.

As for using a zero rate to move it, you must remember that if you use a zero rate you will then have to use a spacer underneith your steering arm so the draglink will clear the spring pack on the passenger side.

Harley

4. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

i have 5 inches of lift and i am not sure if i want a bent or straight drag link? wich is better? and why? i am doing an engine swap soon and that would be the best time time to do this so all opions are welcome i need some info

5. Hossbaby50

Bent draglink with 5" lift should clear the engine crossmember. Mine barely touches with a 4.5" lift. Nothing a grinder wouldn't cure. The bent link is better since it stresses the TRE's less and puts them at a better operating angle.

Harley

6. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

if i do decide to use the zero rate were would you get a spacer so it clears the spring pack?

7. Hossbaby50

www.sky-manufacturing.com

They sell the spacers, studs, steering arms, draglinks, etc, etc. There customer service is great and there prices are very competitive.

Harley

8. MountainMan

MountainMan Registered Member

does someone have a picture of what crossover steering is, i am not clear on what is being crossed over...

:confused: :blush:

9. Hossbaby50

Click on my link in my signature that says "My K5" there is pics of my crossover steering setup in one of the albums.

Harley

10. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I have the ORD crossover with 12" springs & 1" zero rate pushing the front axle 1" forward. The drag link is also bent. I don't have any problems with the crossmember.

11. MountainMan

MountainMan Registered Member

Sweet pics Hoss!

So a crossover is changing the arm to go over the springs, i get it, thanks!

Your pics of the flex test with all the blazers in the background makes me wanna go to a blazer fest right now!