Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

zero rate and driveshaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Apr 4, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok so a zero rate gives you 1" lift and you can move the axle around.. if I move my axle forward 1" what can I expect the drive shaft to stretch? is it a % of that 1"?

since I put those extra long (4" longer) shackles I know that my shocks bottom out before the driveshaft pops.... so I put the factory shackles back on thus lowering my truck 2" but going up 1" with zero rate...

also I have the axle wedge under the front and with the axle moved forward 1" the wedge is not under the entire thing... is this safe? I may just put the zero rate in the middle so not moving the axle forward.... just wanted the 1" lift.....

just curious...
    I just took the passenger side off and started but got dark and need to help the wife with the kids... got my 5 year old, 1.5 year old uncle to my son (dont ask long story), 2 cousins, 4 neighbors and she is trying to study for a college exam....

got the carb adjusted perty nicely and got disc brakes adjusted and found out part of my problem... :crazy:

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I had my zero rates on I couldn't figure out a way to put my front shims on so left them off. Moved my axle forward to the max with the zero rates and I didn't like the angle of the front pinion. Plus the drive shaft was nearly fully extended, I am rinning a 6" suspension, so in the end I pulled the zero rates and put the shims back on the axle. Eventually I will have the zero rates milled with about 6* in it and have the money to extend my front shaft about 4 inches or so and move the tcase back up next to the frame and put the spacers back where there supposed to be.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

lol... should i answer your posts here or on nj4wheel??

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hey.. one has to do what one has....
    njfourwheelers.com doesnt get much traffic...
    thus my usual sites
    nj4whl
    ck5.com
    pavementsucks.com

Peace!!!