Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero rate directions got me confused?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Feb 11, 2007.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

ok, so for when they say leaf on the directions are they talking about the zero rate, because it says nothing about a zero-rate. also to move it an
    one 1/2" forward do you have to drill into your leaf springs??? and will i need to correct any steering alignments? i have a 6" lift already with the new steering arm.

2. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    yea leaf means zero rate. i was pretty sketchy with the ORD directions. hopefully i did mine right. lol. i moved mine 1.5" forward. i think you have an option of 1" or 1.5". you don't drill the leaf springs, the zero rate has several mounting holes & you just need to figure out how to place it.

3. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

ok. scared the sh!t out of me when i was reading them since im moving mine forward as well.

4. mrdrinksalil

mrdrinksalil 1/2 ton status

You don't have to drill a new hole in your spring pack. Here is a pic of my install, bringing the dana 60 forward 1.5". Hopefully they can help you. The only pain in the as* I ran into was having to drill a hole in the u-bolt plate.

[​IMG]