Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero rate install question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Feb 11, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK I am puttin in My 0-rates tonight. The replacement center pin (bolt) does not fut in the hole in the perch /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The old pin didn't have a hex head on it just a round head. What do I have to do here? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Brian....I made my own zero-rates and used 3/8" allen head bolts as center pins. I had to chuck the bolts up in my drill and use a file to reduce the diameter of the head slighty so that they would fit in the perch. That might work for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. cgreenatl

cgreenatl Registered Member

I just went through this myself this afternoon... It took me a minute to figure it out..

Here's what I did... The rolled side of the Zero-Rate always faces up(towards the spring pack), so take the center pin that looks like the one that came out of the pack, figure out if you want to move it back an inch or 1.5, flip accordingly, then put some locktite on the nut, run it down as tight as you can with your hand, and hack the rest off with a grinder/hack saw, then grind the rest down until it's flush with the surface of the zero-rate.

Now you can take the hex bolt and put it through the center of the zero-rate, and then through the spring pack, locktite the nut and torque it down.

Hope this helps, if it's still a little confusing let me know and I'll get you a picture tommrow.

4. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    so take the center pin that looks like the one that came out of the pack

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem the center pin that came with the 0-rates don't look like the old one it's a bolt with a nut (hex on both ends)

Oh yeah these aren't offset just standard so only one hole. The offset ones for the front will work fine.

Think I am just gonna go get some allen head bolts tomorrow at the store that will solve the problem the right way /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

Did you get the 0 rates from ORD? Mine came with 2 center pins that are round and 2 hex head bolts. You can buy center pins at your local NAPA parts store. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. MTBLAZER89

Mine are from AZ-Kickin

7. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

That's it then! Your zero-rates did not come with new center-pins. Like previously said, you'll need to get some new ones from the auto parts store.

I installed a set from ORD last night in 30 min using hand tools. Everything worked perfect. GO ORD /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Brian it looks like we made a mistake when we packaged your order since you had no offset we should have packed a center pin....not a hex head. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. MTBLAZER89

I got some new pins at Napa for $8 like 4" too long but at least I found some local. I was really confused for a minute tryin to put those on. Rear is complete got my U-bolts today time to get the front done and the 37's mounted /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif