Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero Rate Offset

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by btolenti, Oct 1, 2005.

1. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Does it matter how you bolt the zero rate to the spring pack when you are using the offset?

Should I bolt the zero rate to the pack using the center hole, and use a small centering pin as the offset?

Or should I bolt the zero rate to the pack using the offset hole, and use the small centering pin on the zero rate center hole????

Does it matter???? :doah:

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Bolt the zero rate to the spring using the center recesed hole. Use the small center pin for the locating of the axle.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

no no no, its small centerpin through the center hole at all times! you bolt to the springpack w/ the offset holes. this keeeps the entire zero rate on the axle perch at all times.

4. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Ok Now Im confused

5. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Just remember to have the short centerpin in the center of the zero rate. As long as the beveled edges ar up you have no choice to install it correctly (assuming you used the ORD 0Rate)

6. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Don't you just put the centre pin through the middle of the zero rate and then through the leaf springs hole.

7. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

aha! That's why I was confused. I got mine from Black Widow Performance, and both sides of the zero rate are slightly beveled.

79k20350 is right. You use the center hole for locating the axle and the offset holes to bolt the zero rate to the spring pack - you can see that by looking at the offroaddesign website. They will only work one way if you want the bevel towards the pack.

Thanks guys! :waytogo: