Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero Rate question?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 5, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Hey steve, can you guys custom make a tappered zero rate for a 6" lift? or will you guys just not do that? Thanks.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's possible, but our machines are tied up with production work at this point so doing custom stuff like that is pretty tough to work in. Any idea what degree angle you need? We are looking into building production pieces with the angle built in. Knowing what you need could figure in to what we do.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I really dont know much about angles... all i know is i need it for a 6" lift heh sry

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well you need to give some more info. How is it lifted? What type of rear driveshaft, CV or plain Ujoint? If you don't know what angle it's at now and what you need to go to you're out of luck. Whit out knowing where it's at and where it needs to go to, then it's just a crap shoot or a wild guess.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I have plain ole Ujointed driveshaft. 6 in lift with blocks and addaleaf... thats all the info I have

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

If you have blocks they should be tapered already.

7. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

It would be cool to have zero rates fabbed that have an angle to them...say 6° or so. Since my 12" National front springs on my Suburban flex so much, the standard and even the ORD longer shackles do not cut the mustad! I had to fab some custom longer ones that move the spring away from the frame and allow it to compress/flex. Now I have too much of the good angle (is it called camber or caster?? I can never remember!!) and could use an angle to bring back the 60 front end into factory specs. What's say, Stephen?!???

8. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had shims made that were welded to the zero rates. Counter sunk bolt hole also. I use the zero rates all around, had the saggy ass look, the 3/8" shims were perfect for a level ride and dl correction.