Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero-Rate Springs on 1st Gen Vehicles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by trukman1, May 4, 2002.

1. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

Can anyone give me the correct mounting locations (offsets) for front and rear axles to achieve the most tire clearence using the zero-rate springs? Remember, this is a 1969 (1st Generation) and will be different than the later years. Thanks for the help. Gary

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

PM 72THING for detailed first gen info. You probably want to move your front axle forward. With your rear, it will depend on where you are hitting the fenders.

3. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

I've got the ORD shackle flip and 2" lift springs in the rear of my '70 Jimmy and I have it mounted in the middle (stock) location on the 0 rate spring. The tire is not centered in the wheelwell, it is closer to the front fang of the rear wheelwell. Tomorrow I'm going to mount the axle using the most rearward position on the 0 rate spring to see if that centers the tire and gives me a little more clearance.

4. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

SilverJim, Thats the kind of information I've been looking for. Please let me know what position ends up centering the wheel/tire the best. Thanks, Gary