Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero-rates and crossover question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by MTBLAZER89, Jan 20, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok I just get my tax return next week so I need to figure out some stuff. I want to get some 0-rates to move the axle an inch forward. I also want to get the ORD crossover setup. Will the axle relocation cause any interfernce problems with the crossover? Anybody run this setup? Another question is I have 4" springs plus a shim in the rear can I get the 1" 0-rates with the shim machined in to it? If so how can I figure out what degree shim I have? Thanks everybody.

By the way this is on an 89 with 4" springs with 36's. 37's will be ordered in the next couple weeks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Ohh yeah and it's a 10b front

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I have 0 rates and crossover on my truck, there's plenty of room between the sleeved rockrod and the spring. If you have a real thick spring then you might have problems.

3. MTBLAZER89

Another question I can't seem to find the "kit" price for Dana 44/10b crossover kit. I found it for the D60, but not the 10b. Also need to do a steering brace. Is just the bolt in kit ok along with crossover?

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i've got mine on a 6" spring with a degree shim and zero rate. there's at least and inch to two between the ord draglink and the spring plate. no problems at all.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Zero rates with a D44/10 bolt crossover could be a problem, the D44 knuckle is shorter and typically leaves less room to play with. You should be able to do our 3/8" version to offset the axle, then worry about the crossover. The axle relocation shouldn't be a problem, just the height of the zero rate.

For the rear, most of the shims will have the size stamped on them, otherwise, you get to do a little bit of geometry. Or you could measure it with an angle finder.

6. MTBLAZER89

"could be a problem" does that mean the spring could interfere with the draglink? What if I used one of those spacers under the steering arm? Would that solve the issue?

Thanks

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, the draglink could hit the spring on the pass. side. A spacer under the arm would raise it up but then you have a spacer under the arm.