Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero Rates/ Before and After

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGEARL, Oct 30, 2005.

1. BIGEARL

BIGEARL Registered Member

Howdy guys, after many searches for "zero rates" I finally gave up looking for before and after pics of the install. I did realize that many of you'all have had tons of questions regarding this topic so I took some pics of my K5 both before and after the ORD zero rate work. The Blazer is a '70 with stock lift and 33" BFG MT's. You'll notice that moving the axle back 1.5" put it almost dead center.... SWEET!! The 1" lift helped alot with the saggy arse syndrome as well.

-pic 1 is a little flexing before the zero rates went in, pretty easy to see how the axle was mounted to far forward from the factory

-pic 2 shows the saggy but syndrome :(

-pic 3 is a close up shot of the original ubolts and spring plate

-pic 4 shows the zero rate installed, new ubolts cut off & torqued to 140, hole drilled for spring bolt, and new spring plate

-pic 5 you can see how the tire is now centered in the wheel well. The k5 is almost level now with the hard top on....NICE!

-pic 6 doesnt exist, this was supposed to be a pic of a little flexin' but unfortunately the 1" lift and 1.5" rearward movement of the axle was too much for my stock drive shaft. DOH :doah: I'll keep you posted.....

Thanks to all who have posted on this and every other topic in the past. Hopefully this thread will help somebody out with thier K5. :D :D

Keep on rollin... Earl

33stuffedpre.JPG

33saggy1.JPG

prezero.JPG

zeroclose.JPG

33centered.JPG

2. BIGEARL

Damn, sorry about the monster pics.

Earl

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Looks Great :D

Glad to see you changed the u-bolts.

4. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

So how bad off is the driveshaft?

I was thinking of using coilover shocks in the rear to pick the butt back up. Mine looks like yours did. I'll only be running 32" MT/Rs so I don't think the clearance issue will be as bad.

5. BIGEARL

The drive shaft ended up being about 1 inch short even when fully extended. I'll be doing a shackle flip in the near future giving it another 4" of lift, hopefully I can add enough length this go around to not have to extend it again.

The zero rates are only 40 bucks from ORD, they allow you to move the axle back 1", 1.5" or not at all. Either way you get 1" of lift to help with the sag. I would highly recommend going this route.

thanks, Earl

6. k5baby

k5baby Registered Member

Do you have a phone #, website, part# from ORD I can call? I'm lookin to do the same on mine.

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark