Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

zero rates upside down?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 86Cucvbeater, Nov 14, 2005.

1. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

I dropped my truck off at a shop to have a broke leaf spring bolt cut out of my axle housing(ez-out did not work). I told them to go ahead and throw in a set of zero rates I had while the axle was dropped. I gave them the instructions that came with the zero rates, went back when it was done and saw what I thought looked wrong. The owner said thats the only way they would go in so I said "ok if you say so". The next day upon further inspection I noticed the zero rates were infact installed upside down with the beveled edges down and the shim between the springs and the zero rates. So now the axle is hanging off the zero rates an inch because I told them to move the axle forward. What I want to know is, how unsafe is this. I really don't want to drive back to the shop to have them fix it(I hate having shops work on my rig) but I probably should because I deserve to get my money's worth. I hate ****ty redneck "offroad shops" :mad:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you asked for somthing and didnt get it. take it back. you paid for service and it wasnt done correctly.

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The rounded edges are meant to be next to the spring so that the blocks don't create a stress concentration point on the spring and cause it to fail with time.

Take it back to them and have them flip the zero rate over.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think there's some emphasis on:
    center pin always goes in center of block
    rounded edges go up toward the spring
    if you have questions, call us

I say take it back.

5. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

I just did it myself. I wont ever take anything back there again. I just needed to vent.. they charged me an arm and a leg. Oh well, it's is in the past now.