Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zero rates w/1.5" offset FRONT AND REAR?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jun 5, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Zero rates w/1.5\" offset FRONT AND REAR?

Does anyone see a problem with running the ORD Zero rates with 1.5" offsets on both the front and rear axles? Just in case, I have a D60 and a 14BFF, 4.10's, and 36" TSLs. I have to have new shafts made (STILL) after doing the auto-to-manual conversion, so why not take this chance to move the axles out?!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Are there any drawbacks to moving the axles in this manner? Thanks everyone!

-Dan

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Zero rates w/1.5\" offset FRONT AND REAR?

I just got the set for my rear today, /forums/images/icons/wink.gif As for the front the ORD site says you may have problems with them in the front and crossover steering. I haven't done either yet so I don't know for sure.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have a set of ORD's for the rear and a set of 3/4" ones I made for the front. I did not move my front axle because of my driveshaft but hight wize with the 3/4" the drag link clears. My steering arm is only 3/4" so that puts it a little closer to the leaf. I have less then a 1/2" between the leaf and the draglink. PM me if you need more info.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Measure your front axle 1.5"s in front of where your cross over steering is now and see if you would have problems there?

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I could see problems with the crossover now that that you pointed it out... I wanted it more for the front, to possibly save the front shaft from being resized. I would like them in the rear regardless to make up for droopy butt syndrome! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif After installing the HD front shackles, the front sits a little higher than the rear now... just enough to where it bothers the hell outta me! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I could use a matching spacer under the steering arm to cure that issue, right?

-Dan

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I didn't think about that, ask SW. But you would have to put spacers on both sides to keep them even I would think.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

A guy on the site Donimator, is running this set-up onhis truck with crossover steering. I dont think he had any issues, you could PM him and ask for sure though.

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Avalanche (sp) makes a spacer for the D60 steering arm. I think the price is $65.