Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

zero rates worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Jun 1, 2003.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I ran across another post where someone suggested 1" zero rates. I have a 4" suspension lift and 33's. I want a bit more height and am planning on running 35 or 36's someday. I don't really want a body lift either. Will I need driveshaft modifications if I get them? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Can you say Sawsall????

3. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I have a sawsall, and not afriad to use it, will I have driveline problems though? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if 1 more inch of suspension lift will cause driveshaft probs, u prolly already have driveshaft probs at max flex... I run a 4" lift + zero rates front and rear and love em.... of course I have 2 HAD shafts too...

j

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

1 inch Zero rates and a 1 inch bodly lift made all the difference in the world. I was scrubbing all 4 on 32's with Rancho 2.5 inch springs (they are actually 3.75 over stock).
    Shifted the front axle forward one inch and now I don't scrub on 35's at all. I'm cut back less then most.

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Think of it this way, if you run 4" suspension and 1" zero rates, you are only a 3" BL and some custom body work away from fitting 42s. That's experience speaking.

If you simply go with 1" ZRs, you probably won't have DS problems (being too short), but that really depends on your specific vehicle. And you won't know until you try. If you add these and relocate your axles, you are more likely to have to extend your drivelines. But you can probably find a local shop that will extend your existing DSs for not too much $$.

I highly recommend them. Sucks when a tire is crammed into a fender preventing you from turning when you really need to. That is first hand personal experience speaking.