Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zolatone Paint, has anyone used it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by redrightthand, Mar 7, 2002.

1. redrightthand

redrightthand Registered Member

Thinking of painting my 87 with Zolatone. The thing is riddled with Arizona pinstriping (brush scratches) and I'm looking for something durable. Has anyone done this? How does it look? Any suggestions.
    Thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have never seen a anyone paint the outside of there truck in zolatone, but I have seen a firewall on a 62 Impala zolatoned, and it looked pretty good. I imagine it wouldn't look to bad.

Also file out your profile.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

This is the first I've heard anyone talk of this product, other than a week ago when I went into the paint store with a picture of an engine compartment, asking what kind of paint it was and the guy said, "oh you mean Zolatone." He had these swatchs of the stuff in diffrent colors, I said that my blazer would look better with the stuff. Anyway I bought a couple quarts of the stuff with the primer for my other projects engine bay. Its been too cold to paint it yet, but when I do I'll let you know how it is.

4. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I've seen it on a TIEOTA itdidn't look that bad actually, just alot of it. I had it in the bed of my 79 2wheeler. But it didn't seem to hold up to moister all that well. Maybe with a heavier clear coat it hold up to the water factor a little better