Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Zone D5 Here I come

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by DuneRunner, Sep 6, 2002.

1. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

So for the past month or so I have been reading up on an Independent Hunters Safety course. And well the Test was Wednesday

I passed. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Going to D5 for 4 days. At the end of the month... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Oh no there goes the wilderness!! Damn cityslicker /forums/images/icons/grin.gif hehee
    Congrats! My buddy was bow hunting while I was in Moab and all 3 of them came home with a buck! mmmmmmmm deer jerky good!! He also has thease sausage links made that we fry up on our duckblind fer brekfast..oh man they are soooo yummy for my tummy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Good luck and don't shoot your foot!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

speaking of duck blind are you going to take me out there to kill some duckys? if so i will get my hunting licens....here ducky ducky...here ducky ducky /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sure! There is usually room, 6man blind.
    The season this year has been shortend or choped in half.
    My buddy just told me that the season is opening two weeks later this year and then it will end a few weeks after it opens then re-open 4weeks after that and then close for the year 4weeks after that!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif WTF!
    I asked him if he was yankin my chain(does this allot) but seamed to be for real. I'll have to check with the county to find out for sure!

5. DuneRunner

Ya my understanding is that they broke it up to two time periods.

I got my upland bird stamp for quail. mmmmm tastes like chicken. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Now I want to get a shotgun but Can't afford right now. (have to barrow from a friend) Just glad that I got my rifle and license and tag this year for Deer. YYYAAAAA

The chicks here at work think that I'm one of the funniest people they know. (playing in the work Golf tournament next month) They think its funny that someone who plays golf, normally wouldn't hunt. Well I just tell them you wish your man was as cool as me... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif and they laugh...

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Good luck.. I have hunted D6 since I was old enough to carry a gun.. Used to be good hunting.. But hasn't been in the last 10 years... Not sure about D6 thou.. But probably the same kinda timber..Learn to walk threw the pine needles and hike straight up and you'll be fine..LOL

7. DuneRunner

Thats what I figured. Going to be putting some miles on these old dogs... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Here Deery Deery Derry...

Off to Reno to try my luck. Talk to yall Monday.

7 come 11. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif (I have no idea what that means I just remember Bruce sayen it a few weeks back.....)Off to fight the WEEKEND TRAFFIC! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The chicks here at work think that I'm one of the funniest people they know. (playing in the work Golf tournament next month) They think its funny that someone who plays golf, normally wouldn't hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Got's to take out some of that vented up aggression from playing like crap, so why not kill defenseless animals? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

By the way, tell me more about that Independant Safety Course thingy. That's about my only hang-up from hunting legally in this state, though why should someone like me have to go thru that crap for a friggin license I don't know, I guess the state is raping us every imaginable way.

9. DuneRunner

I found it by accident There is a gun shop in Castro Valley 510.581.1917 They may be able to help you find one in your area. There is only 16 in Cali.

The test is just your basic. (if you hunt before the legal hunting time you are a what?) a. poacher b. early hunter. c. dumber then snot c. all of the above. the answer is A. poacher.
    Questions like that.
    Or you can just take the Saturday class. I didn't want to wait a month to take it.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Thanks for the info.