Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ZR2 Blazer upgrades?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by TruckNutzDude, Aug 9, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

So I wheeled the weeeeeeeeee out of my '99 ZR2 tonight. It did fairly well, better than I had expected with a gov loc in the back pushing 31" AT tires. What kind of upgrades are out there for this rig? I've looked at the BDS 5" lift and some 33"s but that would require me to re-gear the axles since it's a dog to begin with. I'm thinking a body lift and some 32's might be good enough... I'd also like to add an exhaust system to compliment the K&N kit I installed. It's a 5-speed with push button 4wd. (What can I do about the push button crapola??? It DID NOT want to shift into 4-LO!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) Thanks guys, I know you'll steer me in the right direction ( /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

check out ZR2.com they can steer you in the right direction /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I still havent quite figured out the characteristics of the pushbutton on my 03. I usually have to have the clutch pushed in to go into low and the clutch out to go into 4hi. Sometimes if the wheels are turned it wont go in either. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

Last Saturday I was out wheeling it and I needed to switch into low range because I was stuck in a washout and didn't have enough power to back out. Low range wouldn't engage and I had to drop the clutch a few times to get out. Stupid me for not engaging low range earlier and stupid low range for letting me down... AGAIN! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

On my Dad's 98 with auto one has shift on the go for 4 high, to go into 4 Low one must stop put trannie in nuetral and then shift to 4 Low. Could be same apllication for stick shift

6. TruckNutzDude

I've tried the neutral thing a few times but no luck. I'm either going to sell the rig or start swapping in more reliable parts. I already have a 4.10 geared toyota front axle with some 4" springs calling my name /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif And a SOA swap for the rear isn't that hard. My only problem is that I'm going to end up losing my speedometer and mess up the computer when I ditch the t-case and start messing with the tone rings that are on all my wheel bearings /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

If anyone wants to buy it before I hack it I'll call the bank and see how much I owe on it. You pay off my loan and it's yours. Otherwise the sawzall might be getting it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif