Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1968 c30 "Papa Smurf" prerunner build. links, beams, and turbo

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • Well I'm finally getting a build together for this truck. I have some what been keeping this truck hidden up until now. Pretty much all the plans i had for my blazer Oprah i have changed to doing to this c30 i picked up. Main reasons I wanted a roof, doors, heat, and other amenities like that for a prerunner. Also trying to tackle a back half on a blazer looked like a much more daunting task than tackling on on a pick up. Now before to many questions i do have new plans for Oprah which i will update in that thread. This thread is for the c30 so lets try to keep it about the truck.

Basic plans are 4.8 ls with a 76 mm turbo. A but TH400 trans, linked 9" rear end, full cage, back half, fiberglass fenders and eventually bedsides, front suspension I am letting my buddy Neal who owns Griffen Fab works build a set of beams for it. Shocks will be 2.5" king coil overs paired with 3.0" king bypasses, and then I will be using my 2.0" profender bumps that i already have.

These pics are somewhat in order some aren't but after this post from here on out I will keep this updated so things are in order.

truck.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]