1972 GMC K25 daily driver build

Overview

I recently had someone offer to buy my 2007 Duramax, even though it wasn’t for sale, and basically told me to name my price, so I sold it and decided it was the perfect time to DD an old truck again.

I searched craigslist and Facebook high and low looking for a ‘72 and older factory 4 wheel drive truck for a reasonable price(under 4000) and only found a few that were in a almost driveable condition. Most were way overpriced or were just plain out of my budget. After almost making a couple trips out of state to buy some I came across this one only an hour and 20 minutes from me, so I jumped on it.

It’s a (mostly) all original, ONE OWNER, 1972 GMC 4 wheel drive, 3/4 ton, 4 speed manual that’s been on the same farm it’s entire life. It’s in really rough condition body wise, but so was every other one I looked at. I liked this truck the most because it hasn’t been hacked up and modified over the years.

It runs and (kinda) drives. The previous owner hasn’t had it on the road in ten years so it needs some work to get it road worthy. My plan is to fix all the little things and make it reliable so I can drive it everyday, year round. I’ll update more when I get some more noticeable progress done but here’s some pictures for now.

Specs

Year
Make
GMC
Model
K25
Trim Level
Custom
Engine
Transmission
Manual

Item information