1973 Chevy C10

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Tags:
  • This is a mostly original 73 C10. Still has the factory radio. I was super excited to see the hood is still straight and not bent at the hinges. Drives nice and straight down the road. Interior is very quiet. The TH350 shifts nice and crisp.

Needs some basic upkeep. Factory AC needs recharged. The doors drag and the windows are hard to roll up. At least 1 plug wire is pretty shot but the distributor cap looks new. Figure a tuneup is needed either way.

Worst problem is a cracked exhaust manifold. There's also an exhaust leak under the cab area.

The paint is quite peculiar. The guy we bought it from painted it some kind of metallic gray that seems to have a purple tint. The original color is what I would call burnt umber. The inside of the bed, door jams, and engine bay are still that color.

Future plans (aside from fixing stuff listed above): Drop the rear suspension some, but not so far the frame needs notched. Wider and taller wheels/tires to fill out the fender openings. Real stereo but without hacking up the dash. Newer seats, probably buckets. Add shoulder belts.

On the fence plans: Thinking hard about the basic FiTech kit (non timing control). Overdrive transmission but the TH350 is working so well overdrive may wait.

I'm thinking real hard about doing a color change wrap. There's a metallic copper that I think would go better with the bits of original color left.

Ultimately this truck will be for my sons to drive in high school. So they are going to be helping with the work on the truck. I'm hoping they will feel some ownership in it and take better care of it than they would otherwise.
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    C10
    Trim Level:
    Cheyenne Super
    Interior:
    Cheyenne Super has carpet with insulation, wood grain inserts, headliner
    Factory Options:
    A/C
    Engine: