CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

1979 K-10 Stepside Shortbox - Beagle's Build -

Overview

So I have been asked to put together a build thread. Please bear with me as many pictures I will be posting were kind of dark and didn't scan in real well.

So my story (and my truck's) started in 1998. When I turned 16.
I grew up in Northern IL outside a small farming town of 500. My father is a farmer and always had squarebodys. So I always wanted one. Shortbox. Lifted. Huge tires. Rollbar full of lights. Dual pipes with huge tips.
The stuff that measures a man's manliness. You know the standard OFF-ROAD mid 80's magazine stuff.

Where I came from everything is a short drive and it's pretty much unheard of for a 16 yr old not to get a car and start driving.

So my search for the perfect square started when I was 15. After looking at a bunch of trucks that just weren't right for one reason or another, my father convinced me that a proper 16yr old should have a car. And when I turned 16, he would buy a new truck and I would get his.

So a 16yr old with a car and a truck? SCORE! Right? No, not for me. His truck at the time was an 89' half ton. Nope. Wrong body for me. Plus IFS?
Forget it.
So when I turned 16. I got this. Still have her.

montecarlo Page 001.jpg

beags.jpg
Reactions: 2Dogs

More from beags86

Rust Bucket Dump-bee the k30
beags86
Views
So, a few of you probably know I scored a K30 or Technically a 3500 because it's a GMC, back in December to help me out with some general work related to my other hobbies and some snow plowing. Well I decided to make this tread to keep track of costs while I fix it up some. The idea is to spend as little that's humanly possible to get this fixed up some. Progress will be slow, like my other threads. But probably even slower. I also want to document the trials and tribulations of building...
beags86
Views
So I recently received a rather large bonus at work and decided that I wanted to buy myself something fun (as if I don't do that enough as it is). My company has bonuses every quarter, sometimes they are size-able. My previous bonuses have went to bills. One thing I have been wanting to do was get a C-10 short box. I always wanted to do "Big bother - Little brother" pair of trucks. Originally I wanted the C-10 to be the same with a 91 clip and stepside box, same color and such. As I have...

Item information

Added by
beags86
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom