CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Overview

I call my truck "The Price Is Right" for a couple of reasons. First off, I traded a friend's father for it. I fixed his wife's Pontiac, he gave me this truck. The second reason is because I am sourcing as much of this build as possible from either junkyards or classifieds or parts trucks, etc. I work hard for my dollars, and have a family to support, so most of the modifications on this truck are opportunistic in nature and everything is done by me. I am not paying anybody to work on this.

That being said, somethings are better purchased new, sometimes you just can't skimp on the good stuff.

EDIT: 6/18/18...

This truck doesn't really fit the "Price Is Right" name any more...

Now it's the "Jolly Green Giant".

20170404_191219.jpg

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
K10
Trim Level
Silverado
Interior
Herculined interior, diamond plate floor and lower door panels, bench seat, camo dash
Factory Options
A/C (deleted),
Engine
350 SBC, Fitech
Transmission
Factory was TH350, upgraded to 700R4
Transfer Case
Factory was NP203, upgraded to NP205 with twinstick conversion
Steering
ORD cross over, XJ steering shaft
Suspension
6 inch Rough Country springs in front, moved forward 2.5-3 inches via DIY4X B52 brackets, installed a factory set of 56 inch rear springs reversed to move the axle 4" inches back combined with DIY4X shackle flip brackets and 6 inch cross tied shackles. Bilstein shocks.
Axles
10 bolt front, 14 bolt full floating rear, 4.10 gears, open diffs
Wheels
16x10 black steelies
Tires
38 x 14.5 Nitto Extreme Mud Grapplers
Paint
Several different greens with rust

Latest reviews

This build reminds me of how some of the old builds were done here. Lots of garage built ingenuity and opportunistic acquisition lead to progressively more useful upgrades. An interesting read from a hard worker
Reactions: Justin V

Item information

Added by
Justin V
Views
Watchers
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Pickup

Top Bottom