1979 K10 SWB

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • I call my truck "The Price Is Right" for a couple of reasons. First off, I traded a friend's father for it. I fixed his wife's Pontiac, he gave me this truck. The second reason is because I am sourcing as much of this build as possible from either junkyards or classifieds or parts trucks, etc. I work hard for my dollars, and have a family to support, so most of the modifications on this truck are opportunistic in nature and everything is done by me. I am not paying anybody to work on this.

That being said, somethings are better purchased new, sometimes you just can't skimp on the good stuff.

20170404_191219.jpg
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    K10
    Trim Level:
    Silverado
    Interior:
    Herculined interior, diamond plate floor and lower door panels, bench seat, camo dash
    Factory Options:
    A/C (deleted),
    Engine:
    350 SBC
    Transmission:
    Factory was TH350, upgraded to 700R4
    Transfer Case:
    Factory was NP203, upgraded to NP205 with twinstick conversion
    Steering:
    ORD cross over, XJ steering shaft
    Suspension:
    6 inch Rough Country springs in front, moved forward 2.5-3 inches via DIY4X B52 brackets, installed a factory set of 56 inch rear springs reversed to move the axle 4" inches back combined with DIY4X shackle flip brackets and 6 inch cross tied shackles. Bilstein shocks.
    Axles:
    10 bolt front, 14 bolt full floating rear, 4.10 gears, open diffs
    Wheels:
    16x10 black steelies
    Tires:
    38 x 14.5 Nitto Extreme Mud Grapplers
    Paint:
    Several different greens with rust

Recent Build Reviews

1. Bent77
    5/5,
    "Awesome DIY rig"
    This build reminds me of how some of the old builds were done here. Lots of garage built ingenuity and opportunistic acquisition lead to progressively more useful upgrades. An interesting read from a hard worker
    Justin V likes this.