Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offroad 1979 K10 SWB

• I call my truck "The Price Is Right" for a couple of reasons. First off, I traded a friend's father for it. I fixed his wife's Pontiac, he gave me this truck. The second reason is because I am sourcing as much of this build as possible from either junkyards or classifieds or parts trucks, etc. I work hard for my dollars, and have a family to support, so most of the modifications on this truck are opportunistic in nature and everything is done by me. I am not paying anybody to work on this.

That being said, somethings are better purchased new, sometimes you just can't skimp on the good stuff.

20170404_191219.jpg
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    K10
    Trim Level:
    Silverado
    Interior:
    Herculined interior, diamond plate floor and lower door panels, bench seat, camo dash
    Factory Options:
    A/C (deleted),
    Engine:
    350 SBC
    Transmission:
    Factory was TH350, upgraded to 700R4
    Transfer Case:
    Factory was NP203, upgraded to NP205 with twinstick conversion
    Steering:
    ORD cross over, XJ steering shaft
    Suspension:
    6 inch Rough Country springs in front, moved forward 2.5-3 inches via DIY4X B52 brackets, installed a factory set of 56 inch rear springs reversed to move the axle 4" inches back combined with DIY4X shackle flip brackets and 6 inch cross tied shackles. Bilstein shocks.
    Axles:
    10 bolt front, 14 bolt full floating rear, 4.10 gears, open diffs
    Wheels:
    16x10 black steelies
    Tires:
    38 x 14.5 Nitto Extreme Mud Grapplers
    Paint:
    Several different greens with rust