Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1979 K30 Pile of Hillbilly Crap.

• Well since I have been bugged that I need to post pictures and junk of my fencing truck I guess I will. I bought this truck to replace my 73 k20 that I broke the 44 in. I was just looking for a Dana 60 but it came with a truck.

This is the day I bought it
    [​IMG]

Didn't take me too long to start wrecking stuff
    [​IMG]

Here is the grease ball 350
    [​IMG]

And this the new motivation
    [​IMG]

Setting at home
    [​IMG]

Then I wasted some money
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and some more. This is hooked to new ORD 4 Hd leaves
    [​IMG]

This was too short
    [​IMG]

Sitting a little higher
    [​IMG]

New stance with old wheels and tires
    [​IMG]

Cute ain't it.
    [​IMG]

These are a little better
    [​IMG]

Here we are with it on the ground and 37s
    [​IMG]

Added my tailgate from my old 3/4 ton
    [​IMG]

Added a rear detroit to the 14
    [​IMG]

Visited a buddy and did a little drinking
    [​IMG]

This is out of order but I felt the 454 was lacking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have since pulled the turbo until I have a bit more money to correct the problems.

I will have to wait till photo bucket finishes up loading for a few pics but this is where we are at for the moment

[​IMG]

Basicly the truck is like this now. 454/465/205/60/14ff. It has a lockrite front with an otherwise stock front with 4.11s. The rear is stock with addition of a detroit. The lift is a ORD 4" Hd lift with rear flip, 0 rates all the way around moving the axles 1.5" forward in the front and 1.5" back in the rear. The body is mostly stock with new mounts, 1" body lift and a decent amount of Redox reaction. The steering is a 2wd box, Ord cross over, HD tierod, parts store cooler and hytran for fluid. The box was more or less falling off when I bought it and just recently was cut off and I cut the frame off behind the rear shackle. I started building a frame width flatbed with the plans to hinge the boxsides. I also have in the works rear disks, hydroassist, a new floor mat and seat cover. I am collecting parts for a doubler but for the moment I am not willing to spend the money.

427.jpg