Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Restoration 1981 K20

• IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_2858.JPG IMG_0405.JPG So Yesterday my buddy gave me this truck since i'm helping him move out to Nashville and he had to get it off their property anyway.

truck.jpg

basically what is known

odo shows 95k
    Earl Schieb paint job. dull red over what looks like it used to be a pretty shiny blue.

lowish miles on a crate goodwrench 350, i know a mild cam was put in it after my buddy got it a few years ago.
    has a th4000/ Np208, both seem to work, but the tranny is said to be on a last leg, and the Tcase was known to have made a loud POP one of the last times it was driven.
    10 bolt front
    14BSF rear that has less than 100 miles on a complete rebuild 4.88s and a detroit locker with all new big drum brakes
    some kind of 6" lift with 35"BFG KM1s that show no weather cracking even after sitting for the past 3 years
    dual tanks ( one of which has a leak issue)
    bench seat from a newer vehicle that is in good shape.
    a faulty park safety switch
    zero rust. period
    a few dents but nothing major.
    carpet all pulled out.

think thats about it. need to spend a little time underneath the hood and truck with a pressure washer and get a feel for the situation
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    K20
    Trim Level:
    Smelly
    Interior:
    Dirty
    Factory Options:
    Am/fm
    Engine: