1981 k5-thats all she wrote :(

• well, as my 76 jimmy project turned out to be more then was prepared to invest at the time, i sold that to a buddy and bought this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1981 Blazer, mildly rebuilt 350, th 350, np208, 14 bolt , 8 lug 10 bolt.
    6" all spring lift, 8 bolt h1s with 37" militarys. ran great cept for an exhst leak

wheeled it once super mildly just to test it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    even that mad flex was enough to make the edelbrocker stall out lol.

so the first thing i did was a truck avenger. went wheeling again, did pretty good for what i was expecting until i got the very back side of Hollister, when the distributor died leaving me with no power on the side of a hill, my buddies zebra ended up having to bump draft me to the bottom and had AAA take me home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that trip i decided it was time to get serious
    bought a set of 56s used off craigslist, while BSing with the guy found out he had a set of 38" TSL's on rims that he didnt want, and i had a set of 37" hummer tires and wheels that he did want. straight trade, my setup & spacers for his setup. i'm happy, def got better wheeling tires plus ditched the spacers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

had a buddy of mine start geting some tube to start a cage, of course i didnt have him start it til a bout a week before the first pismo trip, so we only had time to do the front half,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    plans are to take it all the way to the gate and leave room to keep the back bench intact.
    bout that time i bought some corbeau super fatty seats and harnesses.
    [​IMG]

grabbed a 14 bolt 4.10s and already set up with disk brakes off CL
    of course that was the day after my DIY4X disk kit shipped so now i have one of those on the shelf too.
    [​IMG]
    i have a shackle flip kit from kert that I plated at work for shiggles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i'll be honest when i paid for the parts i thought it was kinda high, and then i saw how beefy they are, and i feel all warm and cuddly inside now. def wont have a problem buying more as funds allow.
    bought a DRW Dana 60 4.10s off CL
    in process of tearing it down, and rebuilding it.
    [​IMG]
    the idea is to build these axles right so i never have to dick with them for a long while. hoping they'll out live this rig and maybe find their way under the next one.

also got a set of bilstein 5125s from guy i got the 60 from. 2 12"ers and 2 14"ers.

plans that i have but havent paid/gotten parts for are

-finish rebuilding the dana 60, new arms, full rebuild with locker, 35 splines/crossover/ hydro assist
    -going to do a 241/205 when ORD comes out with their setup. add a tcase brake to the 205 and bobs your uncle.

the whole idea behind this build is that i do things right without going too crazy, that way if i wanna move my drivetrain/susp to a new project one day when this one has had it, i'll have parts worth swapping.

that brings us a bout current with where it sits now. i'll fill in the plans and what not later on.

smoking.jpg