CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1985 K5 Blazer Family Wheeler

Overview

So the truck I have had for 19 years, and its been an excellent truck, but I have 3 kids now and can't haul the family in the truck. So I am swapping my drivetrain from the truck 489 BBC, NP205, D60, 14BFF into this K5. I will put a chrome-moly cage in it, reuse my front radius arm coil-over suspension, and link the rear with coil-overs too. I will upgrade the TH400 I build 14 years ago to an 4L80E and upgrade the 489 EFI to multi-port Holley Terminator X EFI along with trans control and add Volcano Nitrous to the big block.

To see the history of my truck build where a lot of these parts come from, go here...

The rest of the story will be here.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
K5 Blazer
Engine
489 BBC MPFI
Hydraulic Roller, Aluminum Heads, w/Volcano Nitrous
Transmission
4L80E
Transfer Case
NP205
Steering
Crossover
Suspension
Radius Arm Front
Triangulated 4 Link Rear
Axles
D60 Front w/ Detroit Locker
14BFF Rear w/ Detroit Locker and Disc Conversion
Wheels
Mickey Thompson Classic III 17 x 9
Tires
37x12.5R17 Dick Cepek Extreme Country

More from folkenheath

So I have been asked by more than a few people why I don't have a build thread for my truck. I have been working on this thing for 8 years now, and every year I do something else to it, but I always try to keep it in operating condition so I can still have fun with it, and at this point, it has become a project to convert my 1983 K10 shortbed that had a 305/700R4/NP208 and 10 bolts to what it will be by this summer, a Short Bed with a big block, linked with coilovers and 1 tons front and...

Item information

Added by
folkenheath
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom