CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Restomod 1987 K5 named "Maude"

1987 K5 Blazer 305/TH350 Custom Deluxe

Overview

Picked up this 1987 Blazer in Oxford, AL July 3rd, 2021. Seller told me he stopped driving it because it had a transmission fluid leak and he didn't have the finances to fool with it. Seller said there didn't seem to be any issues with slippage, just the fluid leak. Because I like to gamble occasionally, Dad and I drove up to get it and took the risk that we could add fluid to it and drive it 5 hrs back to Foley, AL. Gamble paid off. We stopped to check the fluid four times and had to add a little fluid each time but "Maude" made it home.

We've already pressure washed the underside, identified where we think the transmission leak is (front pump seal) and found that both exhaust pipes were secured to the manifolds with wire. There is a little bit of rust in the rockers, but not too bad at all. Also has the issues with cracks around the seat mounts.

My ultimate goal with this is to build something that is fun to drive daily if the urge strikes, have better-than-average off-road capability, and make it look good. Something like Mike's Camper Crawler, but different color, black wheels, black bumpers and grill, some rock sliders, gas instead of Cummins, and 33" tires. Thinking of either painting it with Coyote Tan Cerakote or Magpul FDE Cerakote.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
Blazer
Trim Level
Custom Deluxe
Interior
Blue vinyl
Engine
Transmission