CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1989 Chevy K5 Silverado - Round 2

Overview

Due to the total loss of my 1983 Chevy K20 I picked up a 1989 Chevy K5 to replace it. I no longer need the dual purpose wheeler and tow rig since we bought an '05 Ford F250 crewcab last summer.

Short term plans included stripping the musty carpet/interior and putting down some bed liner. Also, lift it 4", swap in my rebuilt 3/4 ton axles with 4.10 gears and run 285/75R16 tires.

Long term I want to swap the TBI 350 & 700R4 for a 6.5L & NV4500 combo and possibly some paint and body work.

**Edit**
I sold this project to a friend, now bought it back off of him after a couple years. Skip ahead 3 years (post #52) from this post for current info :whistle:
kenny.jpg

Latest reviews

This is a very nice original K5, not a big fan of chopping it up and stuffing lift kits and oversized tire on them, but to each his own. Ain't many stock K5's around anymore.

More from kennyw

kennyw
Views
A while back I hatched a plan...
kennyw
Views
Reaction score
We picked this up for my wife to use as a daily during the winter.
kennyw
Views
Reaction score
Officially started this project so I'm starting a build thread. I picked this van up as part of a package deal of 8 trucks. That package also included an 86 Chevy 4x4 van that will be a parts donor for the 92 GMC. Both are G30/G3500 standard length models. The interior is missing the seats so it is just a large blank skate at this point. The donor has one rear seat in it that may get used. Eventually we will build out cabinets and a camper style interior. A few more exterior pics...
kennyw
Views
345 V8, 5 speed transmission, 2 speed rear axle.
kennyw
Updated
Views
Brought this home last night. More to come...

Item information

Added by
kennyw
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom